You are looking for the best quotes on Japan? I have the complete list of the 68 best quotes about JapanThese include short quotes and inspiring quotes, Instagram captions and movie quotes. These are some of our favorites!
There’s a lot that’s been said and written about Japan throughout history, and with each intrepid traveler that explores “The Land of the Rising Sun”, the list only grows.
Read More: famous quotes about japan
UniqueIt is captivating, intriguing, and eye-catching. JapanThe country that can both respect its past and lead the world into the future.
These quotes about JapanThese words are the best about this hypnotizing country.
TheBest Quotes About Japan
Many words and phrases have been written. JapanFor centuries, some quotes have stood out above others. These are the best JapanThese quotes will set off the flame of exploration in you!
1) “When you look at Japanese traditional architecture, you have to look at Japanese culture and its relationship with nature. You can live harmoniously in close contact to nature. This is something that is very special. Japan.” – Tadao Ando
2) “Here in Tokyo they’re not just hard working but almost violently cheerful. At the Peacock, change flows like tapwater. The women behind the registers bow to you, and I don’t mean that they lower their heads a little, the way you might if passing someone on the street. These cashiers clench their hands and bend from the waist. Then they say what sounds to me like “We, the people of this store, worship you as we might a god.” – David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed in Flames
3) “In Japanese culture, there is a belief that God is everywhere – in mountains, trees, rocks, even in our sympathy for robots or Hello Kitty toys.” – Ryuichi Sakamoto
4) “Teaism is a cult founded on the adoration of the beautiful among the sordid facts of everyday existence.” – Kakuzo Okahura
5) “Japan’s very interesting. It copies other things, some people believe. I don’t think that anymore. They are constantly inventing things. They will get something that’s already been invented and study it until they thoroughly understand it. In some cases, they understand it better than the original inventor.” – Steve Jobs
6) “Japan learned from the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that the tragedy wrought by nuclear weapons must never be repeated and that humanity and nuclear weapons cannot coexist.” – Daisaku Ikeda
If you’re ever in JapanMake sure you visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. TheThe UNESCO World Heritage site can be a significant historical place to pay your respects.
7) “It is useless to even try to answer the question I’ve been asked at least once a week over the past three years: ‘Okay, which are, hands down, the three best restaurants in Tokyo?’… asking this question about Tokyo is like asking which three websites are the best on the internet.” – Jonas Cramby
You just returned from a holiday to JapanYes, I can confirm that you are allowed to eat in JapanIt is truly an amazing experience.
8) “TheWhole of JapanThis is pure invention. There is no such country, there are no such people…. The Japanese people are… simply a mode of style, an exquisite fancy of art.” – Oscar Wilde
9) “Maitake mushrooms are known in Japan as ‘the dancing mushroom.’ According to a Japanese legend, a group of Buddhist nuns and woodcutters met on a mountain trail, where they discovered a fruiting of maitake mushrooms emerging from the forest floor. Rejoicing at their discovery of this delicious mushroom, they danced to celebrate.” – Paul Stamets
10) “If you go to JapanTo see different capital cities, you will need to travel by train. It is so easy to travel from one city to another, it would be a shame to just stay in one location. Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto all have different vibes and sights.” – Ronny Chieng
Add Hakone to that list while you’re at it. The city was amazing when I visited it. Keep checking this page until the end for more links to my. Japan travel blogs.
Short Quotes About Japan
These are short quotes that, much like the Japanese culture. Japan are short and sweet and to the point – but that doesn’t mean they don’t speak volumes about this amazing destination!
11) “JapanNever consider time spent together as wasted. Rather, it is time invested.” – Donald Richie
12) “Virtue is not knowing but doing.” – Japanese proverb
13) “Japanese is sort of a hobby of mine, and I can get around Japan with ease.” – Dick Cavett
I have big dreams to fulfill JapanThis is a hobby of mine, too.
14) “I love Japan. It’s a beautiful place to see the ancient and modern worlds collide. It’s so high-tech and cool.” – John Lasseter
15) “Look at London or Paris: they’re both filthy. You don’t get that in Tokyo. The proud residents look after their city.” – Tadao Ando
Tokyo’s population of almost 10,000,000 is testament to Japan’s efficiency and pride in cleanliness.
16) “What do Japanese artisans, engineers, Zen philosophy, and cuisine have in common? Simplicity and attention to detail.” – Hector Garcia
Funny Quotes About Japan
These funny quotes are either inadvertently or deliberately funny. JapanIt will make you giggle.
17) “What they have done in Japan, which I find so inspirational, is they’ve brought the toilet out from behind the locked door. They’ve made it conversational. People will go to their bathroom and make improvements. They talk about it. They’ve sanitized it.” – Rose George
18) “TheWisdom never marries. And when they marry they become otherwise.” – Japanese saying
19) “We were in JapanThere were once 30 varieties of green tea. I thought there was one.” – Billy Corgan
Matcha wins the race
20) “If your computer speaks English, it was probably made in Japan.” – Alan Perlis
21) “I’ve never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that’s very popular out there in Africa.” – Britney Spears
Captions for Instagram About Japan
You are heading to JapanYou want the best. Japan Instagram captions and quotes to convey what you’re thinking and feeling? These Instagram captions concern JapanThey are smart, funny, and inspiriting
22) “One who smile rather than rages is always the stronger.” – Japanese proverb
23) “Cherry blossom dreamin’.”
24) “会者定離 (Meeting person always separated).” – Japanese saying
This is the ultimate expression of the bittersweet feeling you get when you meet someone new and have to say good-bye.
25) “Lost in Tokyo.”
26) “Keep Calm and Love Tokyo.”
27) “Udon know how much I love Japanese food.”
Seriously, udon knows how much I am in love with you Japan on my recent visit…
28) “Miso happy.”
29) “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
30) 一期一会. “One life, one encounter” – Japanese saying
31) “Happiness is going on a sushi date in Japan.”
They see me rollin’…
32) “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
Inspiring Quotes About Japan
TheThe Japanese culture and people are inspiring. These inspirational quotes from them are just a few examples. JapanThe country is truly summed up in a unique and beautiful way.
33) “Wabi-Sabi: In traditional Japanese aesthetics, wabi-sabi (侘寂) is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is “imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete”.
34) “JapanIt is my favorite place. TheJapanese culture fascinates my: the food, dress and traditions. It’s the travel experience that has moved me the most.” – Roman Coppola
35) “Money grows on the tree of persistence.” – Japanese proverb
36) “I was not prepared for the feel of the noodles in my mouth, or the purity of the taste. I had been in JapanIt lasted almost a whole month and I have never seen anything like it. The noodles quivered as if they were alive, and leapt into my mouth where they vibrated as if playing inaudible music.” – Ruth Reichl
Now I feel like I’m eating noodles.
37) “The Japanese see self-assertion as immoral and self- sacrifice as the sensible course to take in life.” – Akira Kurosawa
38) “JapanIt is very international – it values its roots, but has a wider perspective. The interest of the Japanese in their folk culture is transcendental.” – F. Sionil Jose
39) “I do think that Japan will be one of the nations that have equality, and that, too, will serve as an example for other Asian nations.” – George Takei
40) “The dojo system in JapanThis is something truly unique. It prepared me not only for wrestling in the States and around the world, but it also prepared me for how to handle myself as an adult in the real world.” – Finn Balor
41) “JapanThe city of Tokyo is not just a super-busy place that thrives on efficiency and electronics, but also has a almost sacred appreciation for nature. One must travel outside of Tokyo to truly experience the ‘old Japan’ and more importantly feel these aspects of Japanese culture.” – Apolo Ohno
Celebrities Quotes About Japan
JapanFor a long time, has been an inspiration to people in the public eye. These quotes from celebrities are about JapanThese are all very different and give a fascinating picture of the country.
42) “I often look ridiculous in Japan. There’s really no way to eat in JapanKaiseki, especially in a traditional Ryokan, can be done without offending the Japanese. Every gesture, every movement is just so atrociously wrong, and the more I try, the more hilarious it is.” – Anthony Bourdain
Bourdain’s unique way of summarizing anywhere in the globe was unmatched by anyone else. RIP, sir.
43) “I have visited Japan several times and have always been shown wonderful hospitality.” – Stephen Hawking
44) “I miss riding those fast trains in Japan… ’cause I’d never seen a train that fast in my life.” – Ike Turner
45) “To combat the confusion and depression that assault me when I come off the road in the middle of a tour, I seek the most oblivionated music possible. When it’s the ‘way out there’ that I seek, I go right to my stash of amazing music from Japan.” – Henry Rollins
Henry Rollins, a one-of-a kind individual with an inspiring spirit, is truly unique
46) “In Japan, you have no idea what they are saying, and they can’t help you either. It makes no sense. They’re very polite, but you feel like a joke is being played on you the entire time you’re there.” – Bill Murray
47) “No, ramen’s not good for you. But Japan, our favorite thing to do after drinking all night, especially in Sapporo where it’s freezing cold, is to go to the ramen place at two, three in the morning.” – Cary Fukunaga
48) “I’m not a New Age person, but I do believe in meditation, and for that reason I’ve always liked the Buddhist religion. When I’ve been to Japan, I’ve been to Buddhist temples and meditated, and I found that rewarding.” – Clint Eastwood
Go ahead, make my unagi.
49) “My husband and I went to Japan for our honeymoon, and you look at, like, the presentation of the food, and it’s ridiculous. It’s like something out of a Mondrian painting. It looks like a bunch Hello Kitty erasers, when you bite into a bento. Japan. It’s so precise and beautiful and processed and neat.” – Ali Wong
50) “Japanese culture? It is all that I love. I love the food. Everyone’s really nice. There’s just a lot about Japan that’s really cool.” – Naomi Osaka
51) “I loved Japan. As a child, I read a lot about it. And it was always my dream to travel there. It was delightful. It was wonderful. What a smashing place.” – Billy Connolly
Movie Quotes About Japan
These movie quotes about JapanThey are drawn from a wide range of Japanese film and silver screen classics. What’s your favourite film either set in or filmed in JapanWhat is the best way to get started?
52) “Charlotte: That was the worst lunch. Bob: So bad. What kind of restaurant makes you cook your own food?” – Lost In Translation
The only part of Lost In Translation that doesn’t make sense to me. Who doesn’t love cooking their own food at the table?You can!
53) “I need Japanese steel.” – Kill Bill, Vol.
54) “JapanOnly a few brave men were able to make this happen. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honor.” – TheLast Samurai
55) “There’s an old saying: ‘For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. A horseshoe is what you need to make a horseman. The message was not sent because there wasn’t a steed. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.” – TheRapid & Secureamp; TheFurious Tokyo Drift
56) “You cannot call yourself a true geisha until you can stop a man in his tracks with a single look.” – Memoirs from a Geisha
57) “Short and sweet? How very Japanese of you.” – Translation lost
58) “The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.” – Kagemusha
59) “So, I would like everyone to kill each other today.” – Battle Royale
60) “Tomo watched the cursed video.” – Ringu
There have been so many American films inspired by Japanese horror. What’s your favorite Japanese horror film that was remade in English?
Song lyrics About Japan
There’s an endless variety of musical inspiration that can be found in the streets of JapanThese lyrics are from the song “The Song of My Heart” Japan are just a few that pay homage to the “The Land of the Rising Sun.”
61) “I’ll never let you Gyoza / I wonder if you know / How they live in Tokyo / If you seen it then you mean it / Then you know you have to go.” – Drake ft Jay Z – Pound Cake
62) “Harajuku girls, you got the wicked style / I like the way that you are / I am your biggest fan.” – Gwen Stefani, Harajuku Girls
63) “My beloved, oh my sweet / All the gifts you have given me / The patience and the peace / Cherry blossoms and the candy / I am yours, I am yours / For as long, for as long as you will have me.” – TheBird and the Bee Love Letter To Japan
64) “Has she call me on the telephone? / She said she tried, but she’s never home / Doesn’t she write / Doesn’t she write / She’s gone in Tokyo / She’s gone in Toky Toky Toky Tokyo.” – A Flock of Seagulls, Tokyo
65) “Here’s my comeback on the road again / Things will happen while they can / I will wait here for my man tonight / It’s easy when you’re big in Japan” – Alphaville, Big In Japan
66) “Do you got plans tonight? / I’m a couple hundred miles from Japan, and I-I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight / ‘Cause I-I-I can’t get you off my mind.” – Beyonce Ft TheWeeknd – 6 Inch Heels
67) “Tonight, maybe we’re gonna run/ Dreamin’ of the Osaka sun / Ohh, ohh, ohhh / Dreamin’ of when the morning comes.” – Coldplay, Lovers in Japan
68) “I’m turning Japanese, I think I’m turning Japanese, I really think so / Turning Japanese, I think I’m turning Japanese, I really think so.” – TheVapors Japanese
Are there any great things I’m missing? Japan quotes?
There are SO MANY quotes on this topic. JapanMy list of things to do would have been thousands if I had included them all. Do you have any standout quotes that I am missing in my list? JapanThese are the ones that should be shared. You can reach me via my email or social media channels if you have a top quotation that you would like to be featured here.
You are looking for more amazing? Japan travel content?
Apart from a growing number of quote lists, my blog contains some of the most well-researched and best-researched travel content anywhere. You can find guides, lists, and blogs for destinations all over the world. So wherever you’re going, I have the info to accompany you, and if it’s Japanese travel content you’re after you should have a read of my blogs from my recent trip. These blogs can help you get started.
- The18 Top Things to Do in Oita Prefecture Japan
- The17 Best Things to Do in HakoneJapan | TheTokyo’s Best Day Trip
- Sado21 Incredible Things to DoIsland, Japan | 21 Amazing Things To Do on The Island of Exile & Gold
- The15 Best Places to Stay in Hakone for a Relaxing Getaway| Hakone Accommodation Guide
- The 18 Coolest & Best Airbnbs in Tokyo, Japan
- How to Say Thank You in Different Languages (German, Japanese, Arabic & more)
- Top 30 Music Festivals JapanThis Year: Experience It