Xbox error disc unreadable:(4 fixes that really work). This disc is unreadable error can appear on your Xbox while trying to play Games on Demand game on your console.
Read More: how to fix unreadable disc xbox 360
This issue usually occurs if you’re not using the same profile that you purchased the game with to play the game, or if your console can’t read the game files from your storage.
However, there a way to fix that, and today we’re going to show you to do it.
What do you do when your Xbox disc is unreadable?
1. Check your profile
- Make sure that you’re using the same profile that you used to purchase the game.
- If you’re not using the same profile, you’ll need to switch your profile.
- You can then run the game after you’ve changed your profile.
2. Clean your disc
- Remove the disc you’re trying to run from your console.
- Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface.
- Now use a soft, clean and slightly damp cloth to clean the bottom of the disc.
- Wipe the disc from the center to the edges gently, and don’t use any solvents.
- Once the disc is clean, wait for a few moments and insert it back to your console.
Top Useful: How to Fix a Patio Umbrella Pole?
Getting errors while trying to play DVDs on your Xbox? Here’s how to fix them!
3. Transfer the game license to your console
Note: This solution only applies if you’re trying to play the game you purchased on a different console.
- On your Xbox, sign in to the Microsoft account.
- Navigate to Settings > Account.
- Head over to the Your Billing Options > License Transfer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the content transfer.
- After transferring the licenses, you’ll need to download the content again in order to update the licenses on your console.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can run the game again.
4You can now restart the game. Reinstall the game
- Go to Settings > System.
- Head over to the Storage and choose your storage device.
- Now select Games and apps and the game you’re having trouble running.
- Select Delete from the menu.
- Download a game demo from the Microsoft Store that is the same size as the game you couldn’t run.
- Now press the Guide button on your controller and go to Settings > Account.
- Head over to the Download History, select your Games on Demand game and choose Download again.
- Check if the problem has been resolved after the game is downloaded.
See also: How to Bondo Rust Holes In a Car
Note: Some users are suggesting to use a different storage device when downloading the game again, so you might want to try that as well.
If you choose to do so, there’s no need to download a demo game, just delete the game and download it again.
There you go, several quick and simple solutions that might help you fix This disc is unreadable error on your Xbox. These solutions might have helped you. Please let us know in our comments section if you find them useful.
- Here’s what to do if your Xbox One keeps ejecting discs
- FIX: Xbox One S is not reading discs
- Fix: “Check your disc” Xbox One error
Useful for You: How to Fix Glute Imbalances