The most crucial step is the starting point when someone wants to learn CFD without prior knowledge about the subject. The course is prestigious and advanced, so choosing the right institute is very important. Your education, growth, and skills depend upon the institute you select.
There are many colleges and online platforms that offer a degree in CFD. It is up to you which mode of learning you prefer. If you want to choose a method where the timings are flexible, and distance is not a barrier, then you can choose online courses. But, if you want more practical training and college experience, you can opt for an offline method. Both methods are equally good; you have to choose the best.
In this article, we will cover online and offline platforms that are best for you and get you that degree.
Indian Colleges offering CFD Courses
The institute offers an online computational fluid dynamics course. It is a 12-week program offered by Swayam, an initiative by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. CFD is a field that comes under continuum mechanics concerned with the simulation analysis of heat transfer and the issues of fluid flows.
This training program covers analytical solutions to various differential, integral, or differential models found through mathematical modelling of any ongoing issue confined to basic geometries.
Most analytical solutions cannot be derived for most practical cases. For that, a numerical method must be used. The syllabus of CFD covers the technique of getting approximate numerical solutions using digital computers.
2. IIT Madras
The institute offers a computational fluid dynamics training course and manages the mathematical arrangement of conditions overseeing liquid streams. The course looks over the procedures that empower the mathematical structure of conditions.
In this course, the students will understand the following:
- The advanced methods of solution of linear algebraic equations.
- Fundamental processes that empower the mathematical arrangement of the conditions mentioned above.
- Calculation of fully developed flow in a triangular duct.
- Equations for incompressible flow and boundary conditions
- 0.2% offset method
IIT Madras also offers MSC in Computational Fluid Dynamics along with M.Tech and PhD in CFD.
3. School of Engineering, UPES
The institute offers M.Tech in computational Fluid Dynamics with a Specialization in Aerodynamics. The duration of this course is two years, and the tuition fee for this course is 4.82 lakh.
Online platforms offering CFD courses
- Skill Lync – CFD Engineer’s Master’s Certification Program
- Skill Lync – Post Graduate Program in Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Skill Lync- Post Graduate Program in Automation & Pre-Processing for FEA & CFD Analysis.
- Skill Lync – Introduction to CFD using MATLAB and Open FOAM
- Adi-guru – Fundamentals of ANSYS (FEA/FEM)
- Udemy – An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Udemy – Mastering ANSYS with FEA & CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Udemy – Ansys TurboGrid: Complete course for beginners
- Udemy – OpenFOAM CFD Theories and Practical Applications
- Udemy – Ansys Fluent – Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Udemy – Computational Fluid Dynamics Fundamentals Course
- Udemy – Mastering Ansys CFD (Level 1)
- Udemy – Mastering Ansys CFD (Level 2)
Do you wish to take up a course in CFD? Then this blog will help you. All the best!