We all survived the first day pf school photos: busting out letter boards and making fun paper signs… Next up: school picture day. School picture day was my favorite growing up because it was one of the few days in elementary school that I didn’t have to wear a uniform.
Read More: spring school picture outfit ideas
While I do take many photos of my kids, the ones taken at school are what I treasure the most. Because they are always in the same pose each year, I believe it is because of that. It’s one of the few photos each year that I pull out the year before and can quickly see just how much they’ve changed and grown in a year. They are something I treasure so I spend time choosing the right outfit. for picture day. The kids can pick, but I usually give them several options.
Here are some tips for school picture day:
1. Pick out your outfit for the night before
2. The background: Our photos of preschool were taken inside, while our elementary school photos are now taken outside. This helps you choose the right outfit for the photos. If it’s outdoors, fall colors are great. If it’s indoor with a very light/white background, you don’t want to choose a white shirt or light clothes.
3. It is not possible to see the entire top so make sure you choose a fun collar. Peter Pan collars look great on school photos. You can layer a sweater over a shirt by layering it with a sweater. forBoth boys and girls look great in a skirt. It’s great to have a cute skirt, but no one will notice if you only take a picture of the top of your child.
4. No matter how the photo comes out, you’ll absolutely love it! You will treasure the most silly and bizarre photos from school sometimes the most. forMany years of memories will follow and many times pop up in places such as a wedding slideshow!
5. 5. Our favourite clothes forThe classic styles of Busy Bees Kids are great for school pictures. These clothes are timeless and make great pictures. Busy Bees Kids outfits are all featured in this post. Busy Bees Kids has both adult and kids face masks. These beautiful masks are a favorite of my children and they are made from their finest fabrics.
Now here’s a fun school photo update – our school aged “chicks” ready for picture day! Preschool, pre-K and two first graders are now our preschool. We also have 2nd and 3rd graders.
We’ve posted a few times aboutBusy Bees on the blog. It’s truly a brand I think is high quality and have a wonderful team of moms creating it and standing behind the brand. If this is the first time you’re seeing Busy Bees on the blog, here’s a little bit about the brand:
Busy Bees, an American Prep brand forAge range for boys and girls is three months through 16 years. Polished but not precious, comfortable but not fussy, traditional but not dated, Busy Bees clothing combines classic American style elements like crisp stripes, vibrant colors and unique details with a modern preppy twist that’s just perfect forToday
Busy Bees are our favorite forThe quality and style. There are dress clothes, play clothes, and an incredible line. forOlder girls call Miss B and lots of other fun options forCoordinating siblings forHolidays. You can also find great accessories and basic pieces (like solid-colored cardigans).
Get it now forGiveaway!
We’re excited to team up with Busy Bees this week’s giveaway! One lucky winner will be awarded $100 to shop Busy Bees You can enter via Instagram or Facebook. There will be one winner drawn after combining the entries from both spots & the giveaway will end a week from today.
INSTAGRAMClick here to find the giveaway photo on Instagram. To enter you MUST follow @busybeeskids and @thechirpingmoms Next, “like” the photo & tag 2 friends in the comments so we know you entered.
FACEBOOKClick here to find the Facebook giveaway post. To be eligible, you must like Busy Bees Facebook page and comment tagging another friend. You can also share the post for an extra entry!
Disclosure: We weren’t compensated forThis post. We did receive items forThis review was done for an educational purpose. All opinions are ours, as always.