There are many inspirational quotes that will inspire entrepreneurs and business owners. toSuccessive sportspeople have the ability to persevere in their pursuit of their dreams. Famous coaches and players in soccer, basketball, and baseball. toOlympic gold medalists or other sporting superstars are great sources of inspiration toThese great athletes are the ones who have spoken their truths.
This collection includes some of the best motivational and inspirational quotes from sports stars. They are grouped in similar categories so that you can quickly find what you are looking for.
Read More: sports quotes about teamwork
Inspire Your Team to SuccessThese are our top picks Sports Quotes
Sports QuotesAbout teamwork
Good teamwork is key to business success. Each person must work together to achieve success. toThe difference between success and failure is how you drive your business to its goals.
Good communication is one of the key elements to a team’s success. toEveryone understands what they need to. It’s important to make sure everyone is moving in the right direction.
Motivation for your team toHere are 11 inspirational quotes about teamwork from sporting greats.
- While talent wins games, teamwork and intelligence win championships. ~ Michael Jordan (Basketball)
- How a team works together determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime. Babe Ruth (Baseball).
- People share similar goals: happiness, health and opportunity. toProvide for their families. ~ Steve Kerr (Basketball)
- Being a good teammate isn’t about recognition. I do it because it is what makes me whole. ~ Dwyane Wade (Basketball)
Each Person Holds so Much Power within Themselves…
- Each person is a powerful individual. Sometimes they just need a push; direction, support and coaching. Pete Carroll (Football).
- Building a baseball team can be likened to building a home. First, you find the best architects and builders. Then, you let them do what they do best. Pat Gillick (Baseball).
- If a team wishes to to intimidate you physically and you let them, they’ve won. ~ Mia Hamm (Soccer)
- While one man may be an important ingredient in a team’s success, a team is not made by just one person. ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Basketball)
- Most talented players don’t always succeed. Some don’t even make the team. It’s more what’s inside. ~ Brett Favre (Football)
- You’ll find you feel calmer and more relaxed. ~ Gordie Howe (Ice Hockey)
- I don’t believe in team motivation. I believe in team preparation so that the team has the confidence to step on the field. toPlay a good sport. ~ Tom Landry (Football)
Sports QuotesAbout Goals
For a business to succeed, it is important that everyone in the team works towards the same goal. Although individual goals may vary within the team, the goal must be shared by all.
There is inspiration for everyone, no matter if you are focused on your individual goals or responsible for keeping the team on target for their collective goals. toSporting greats who know what it takes toSet a goal, then work towards it.
These are great quotes from sports about setting goals and taking advantage of opportunities.
- Competing in a sport is a privilege. Take advantage of this opportunity and push yourself. toYour abilities are limitless Tony LaRussa (Baseball).
- Goals are what keep me going. ~ Muhammad Ali (Boxing)
- First, find your limits and then be courageous to discover your true potential. toYou can blow them away. ~ Picabo Street (Skiing)
- No matter how great you are, you can always do better. That’s the exciting part. ~ Tiger Woods (Golf)
Every Day is a New Opportunity…
- Every day brings new opportunities. You can build on yesterday’s success or put its failures behind and start over again. That’s the way life is, with a new game every day, and that’s the way baseball is. ~ Bob Feller (Baseball)
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. Bo Jackson (Baseball).
- You’re never playing an opponent. You are always playing yourself. Arthur Ashe (Tennis).
- Limitless possibilities are available to the mind. The mind is the limit as long as it can see the possibility of doing something. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger (Bodybuilding)
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’. ~ Muhammad Ali (Boxing)
- You can’t put a limit on anything. The further you go, the more you dream. ~ Michael Phelps (Swimming)
- Start with what you have. Take advantage of what you have. Do what you can. Arthur Ashe, Tennis
Team leaders and business owners have additional responsibility. They must motivate their team members as well as themselves. They must keep an eye on the bigger picture, while the team members can focus on their individual tasks.
Reading: THE WANDERLUST WITHIN
Leaders must ensure that the team operates at its maximum capacity. This means making sure that each member of the team is capable. toPerform toTheir best efforts. Many find this too much responsibility. toOthers thrive under the additional pressure of leading a group.
These quotes are from great sports personalities and thinkers that show what good leadership looks like.
- Communication is the most important aspect of coaching. It’s not what you say as much as what they absorb. ~ Red Auerbach (Basketball)
- Each member of the team is important. What they think and how they act is crucial. toThe team. It’s important who these people are. ~ Nick Saban (Football)
- Players don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. ~ Pat Summitt (Basketball)
A catcher must want to Catch…
- A catcher must desire toCatch. He must make up his mind that it isn’t the terrible job it is painted, and that he isn’t going to say every day, ‘Why, oh why with so many other positions in baseball did I take up this one’. ~ Bill Dickey (Baseball)
- Leadership is like coaching. It’s about fighting for the hearts, souls, and minds of men, and getting them. toBelieve in yourself. ~ Eddie Robinson (Basketball)
- It’s not winning that keeps me going, but rather the pursuit of my potential as a coach as well as my children as divers. It’s the pursuit of excellence. ~ Ron O’Brien (Diving)
- Motivating by fear is one thing, but rewarding by reward is another. Both are temporary. Motivation is the only thing that lasts. Homer Rice (Football).
- SportsServe society by sharing examples of excellence. George F. Will (Political commentator)
- Only the one who is able to see the invisible can accomplish the impossible. ~ Frank L. Gaines (Basketball)
- Winning isn’t a once-in-a-while thing. It is an ongoing thing. You don’t do things right once in a while. They are always right. ~ Vince Lombardi (Football)
Sports QuotesAbout perseverance
It is important in business as well as in sport. toBe resilient in difficult times. It will always be difficult to endure the peaks and valleys. toYou can keep going even when it gets difficult by cultivating a determination attitude.
So whether it is a period of slow sales or a valuable deal that didn’t get closed, you can find a lot of inspiration in quotes from sports men and women from throughout history.
Here are some examples of such quotes toInspirational tools to help you get the inspiration you need.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. ~ Vince Lombardi (Football)
- Most people give up just when they’re about toYou will achieve success. They give up at the one-yard line. They quit at the final minute of the game, one step away from a winning touchdown. Ross Perot (Business Magnate).
- When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge. Terry Bradshaw (Football).
Never Give Up, Never Give In…
- Never give up. toThe win should be embraced with the same dignity as the loss. Doug Williams (Football).
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. Tommy Lasorda, Baseball
- Persistence is the key to turning failure into extraordinary success. Marv Levy (Football).
- I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat. ~ Tom Landry (Football)
- People rarely run far enough in their first wind. to find out they’ve got a second. William James (Philosopher).
- Champions never stop trying until they succeed. ~ Billie Jean King (Tennis)
- Sturdiness is usually viewed as a negative trait. However, I find that it has been a positive quality for me. Cal Ripken Jr., Baseball
- In life, there is no such thing as impossible; it’s always possible. Venus Williams (Tennis).
Sports QuotesAbout focus and determination
Another aspect that contributes to sporting success is toThe ability to do business is key. toFocus. With so many social media platforms constantly calling for attention, there are so many distractions that it is difficult to concentrate. toLose focus and you will fall behind your schedule. However, if there is an important task at hand, it can be difficult to focus. toIt is important that we remain focused on the task at hand until it is completed.
The way toThis is done by practicing the skill of focusing on the task when you are distracted. It may take some time. toIt is possible to train yourself to refocus whenever you feel lost. However, this can become a natural and instinctive response.
Here are some great motivational quotes for sports to help you stay on track. toRemember the importance of paying close attention toThe moment.
- When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important. ~ Bill Shoemaker (Horse Racing)
- You must make every effort to succeed, even when it seems impossible. Arnold Palmer (Golf).
- Continuous effort — not strength or intelligence — is the key toUnlocking our potential. ~ Liane Cardes (Author)
- The most difficult skill toThe best sport to learn is one that you can compete with your whole heart and never give up. You have the killer instinct toIt is extremely special to persevere through it. Eddie Reese (Swimming and Diving).
My Motto Was Always to Keep Swinging…
- My motto was always toKeep swinging. The only thing I could do was keep swinging, regardless of whether I was feeling down or feeling sick. toKeep swinging. Hank Aaron (Baseball).
- Success is not possible without self-discipline. ~ Lou Holtz (Football)
- You must push yourself every day. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. Larry Bird (Basketball).
- You can’t make what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can. ~ John Wooden (Basketball)
- Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-toThe rare alloy known as guts. Dan Gable, Olympian and Wrestler
- You have two choices when it comes to commitment. You’re either IN or you’re OUT. There is no life in between. Pat Riley (Basketball).
Sports QuotesHow to Visualize Success
A great way to visualize your success is to visualize it. toKeep your focus on the job and work towards your goals. It is important to be aware of the benefits of your work and the progress that you have made, regardless of how small. This fuels your fire and allows you to look ahead toEvery new day you have toKeep working toward your goals.
Visualization is something that many athletes practice to their advantage. toLet them succeed.
Visualization is a powerful tool that can both help sports and businesspeople, whether it’s a basketball player visualizing his moves around the court or a football player visualizing the perfect strike of the ball.
Here are some motivational quotes for sports toHelp you to make your dreams come true.
- Man without imagination does not have wings. ~ Muhammad Ali (Boxing)
- A professional athlete can’t run without money. He must race with hope in the heart and his head. Emil Zatopek (Olympic Long Distance Runner).
- You already have toExpect to do things before you can. ~ Michael Jordan (Basketball)
- Talent is God-given. Keep your humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. You are the one who created it. Be careful. ~ John Wooden (Basketball)
I Don’t Plan On Being Disappointed…
- I don’t plan on being disappointed. We are going to be really good and we will win. ~ Gregg Troy (Swimming)
- My greatest asset was always my mental abilities. Caitlyn Jennifer (Olympic Decathlete).
- Victory is when you do your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won. Billy Bowerman, Track and Field
- This principle states that you must compete against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. ~ Steve Young (Football)
- Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability. ~ John Wooden (Basketball)
- Be patient. Let the game begin toYou. Don’t rush. Be quick, but don’t hurry. ~ Earl Monroe (Basketball)
Sports QuotesAbout hard work
It’s easy to work hard when the going is good! However, we all have moments of motivation. to put that extra effort in just doesn’t seem toYou must be there. You can find inspiration in sports stars who have worked hard to achieve their success. to spur yourself into action.
Here are 12 amazing sports quotes toEncourage hard work.
- Today, you still have 100% of the life you had. ~ Tom Landry (Football)
- There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone toYou will be rewarded for your hard work. ~ Derek Jeter (Baseball)
- The greater the difficulty of victory, the greater your joy in winning. ~ Pele (Soccer)
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. ~ Wayne Gretzky (Ice Hockey)
- If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough. ~ Mario Andretti (Racing)
A Champion is Someone Who Does Not Settle for that Day’s Practice…
- A champion is someone who does not settle for that day’s practice, that day’s competition, that day’s performance. They are always striving toBe better. They don’t live in the past. ~ Briana Scurry (Soccer)
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you. Fred DeVito, Fitness Guru
- The key to success is not willpower toYou can win. That is what everyone has. It is the will. toPrepare toIt is important to win. Bobby Knight (Basketball).
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. Jerry Rice (Football).
- You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good. Jerry West (Basketball).
- I am open to any compliment you wish. toYou can say I work hard every single day and that I don’t ever dog it. ~ Wayne Gretzky (Ice Hockey)
- The word impossible is just a big phrase that small men find easier to live in the world they’ve been given than toExplore the power they possess toIt can be changed. It is impossible. It’s an opinion. It’s not a declaration that it is impossible. It’s a dare. The impossible is possible, the impossible is temporary, and impossible is not impossible. ~ Muhammad Ali (Boxing)
Sports QuotesBusiness Success
Although most quotes from sportspeople may be about their sport, the sentiments that they express can be applied to any other sport. toYou can also start a business.
Sports are an excellent source of inspiration, whether it’s in ensuring important tasks are completed on schedule or encouraging determination. Here are ten more sports quotes to inspire you toYou can achieve great business success.
- Procrastination can be one of life’s most fatal diseases. It can cause serious problems in your ability to succeed and your happiness. ~ Wayne Gretzky (Ice Hockey)
- There are three types of people in baseball and business. It is possible to make it happen or watch it happen. And then there are those who wonder what it was like. Tommy Lasorda, Baseball
- You can’t let success diminish the desire toYou can be a winner. There’s room for improvement in every sportsman. ~ Lionel Messi (Soccer)
Winning Takes Talent…
- You need talent to win. To be successful requires talent. ~ John Wooden (Basketball)
- Do not let fear of striking out stop you from enjoying the game. Babe Ruth,Baseball
- You can make up the difference in talent by having the desire to hustle and giving 110 per cent every day. Don Zimmer (Baseball).
- I have never said I could do more in the field. toI will be there when you are ready. Peyton Manning (Football).
- Obstacles don’t have toDon’t let this happen to you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Find out how to get around a wall. toYou can climb it, work around it or go through it. ~ Michael Jordan (Basketball)
- The pain is temporary. It can last for a few minutes, an hour, a day or a whole year. But eventually, it will end and be replaced by something else. However, if you quit, it will last forever. Lance Armstrong (Cycling).
- People say that I have an attitude. Maybe I do. But I believe you have a more positive outlook. toYou have. You have toBelieve in yourself, even if no one else will. You are a winner. Venus Williams (Tennis).
If you’d like toSee more motivational quotes in our image gallery. You can share them on social media.
Hundreds More Here!