Social media has seen a rapid rise in popularity over the last twenty years, from MySpace to Instagram.
Everyday Power has collected these social media quotes to discuss the good, the poor, and the ugly aspects of social media platforms.
Read More: social media quotes negative
What’s your favorite social media platform?
Social media has both positives and negatives. One, social media can open doors to new opportunities for you personally and professionally.
You can also leverage your platform to bring about positive change within your community.
On the other hand, it’s easy to be confused by false information on social media. Negativity can also be quickly spread on social media.
Below are some social media sayings and quotes that actors and musicians have shared their opinions about the platform.
Check out our collection for sassy quotes to use in social media captions.
Negative social media quotes
1. “Social media is not a safe space.” Tarana Burke
2. “You learn the hard way. That’s the thing with social media. Nobody knows what they’re doing.” – Cameron Dallas
3. “I think there should be regulations on social media to the degree that it negatively affects the public good.” – Elon Musk
4. “There’s so much negativity on social media, I don’t want to add to that.” Shawn Mendes
5. “I’m very hands-on about social media. That’s my voice.” – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
6. “I am a huge advocate for anti-bullying in our youth. What I have seen with the rise of social media is that children are not facing bullying on a playground, they are facing it on their cell phones.” Whitney Wolfe Herd
7. “When it comes to social media, there are just times I turn off the world, you know. There are just sometimes you have to give yourself space to be quiet, which means you’ve got to set those phones down.” – Michelle Obama
8. “I feel social media can be very distracting, unhealthy, and harmful to one’s self-confidence. I don’t even log on to it on my phone except when I post something on Instagram.” Rupi Kaur
9. “I feel social media can be very distracting, unhealthy, and harmful to one’s self-confidence. I don’t even log on to it on my phone except when I post something on Instagram.” Pat McAfee
10. “Our attention spans have been reduced by the immediate gratification provided by smartphones and social media.” Katherine Ryan
11. “Everyone’s like sheep on social media; like, one person starts making noise, and everyone’s like, ‘Hey, yeah!’ and then you got a whole bunch of people making noise at you.” Earl Sweatshirt
General social media quotes
12. “Social media has taken over in America to such an extreme that to get my own kids to look back a week in their history is a miracle, let alone 100 years.” – Steven Spielberg
13. “You don’t need to go far to see the hatred and abuse that happens online. Even using social media is anti-social because people are always on their phones.” Ronny Chieng
14. “Social media has given us this idea that we should all have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky.” – Brene Brown
15. “In general, we’re a social network. I prefer that because I think it is focused on the people part of it – as opposed to some people call it social media, which I think focuses more on the content.” – Mark Zuckerberg
16. “Much of social media can be seen as the ‘News of me.’ It’s not so much a platform for connecting and sharing as it is a platform for advertising the idea of yourself you want to portray to others: the image of yourself you want to project.” – Hozier
17. “People are scared to have a strong opinion because, with social media, almost everyone lives the life of a celebrity.” – Yungblud
18. “SocialSocial media is why media is called media. It lends itself to sharing rather than horn-tooting.” – Margaret Atwood
19. “The future is in photos for social media. More and more people are not reading, so I try to attach a photo to most Tweets.” – Tyra Banks
20. “I would deactivate every single comment on any social media. You should be able to post what you want, say what you want, be what you want without anybody judging you.” Selena Gomez
21. “People are always telling you you’re done. Someone’s always telling you that, especially now in the day of social media.” – Billy Crystal
22. “I had become obsessed with the control-freak aspect of photography and with the rising importance of the image in our social media age it ended up working.” Cole Sprouse
23. “Social media is an advertisement for the superficial extroverted self.” – Hozier
24. “I’m trying to embrace social media because it gives artists a little more power than we’ve had in the past.” – Billy Porter
25. “99.5 percent of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns. We are going to live through a devastating social media bubble.” Gary Vaynerchuk
26. “Social media is awesome because I can somewhat paint myself the way I want people to see me.” Kevin Abstract
These Vine quotes are sure to make you laugh.
SocialMedia quotes about the impact
27. “What is interesting is the power and the impact of social media… So we must try to use social media in a good way.” – Malala Yousafzai
28. “Social media has definitely revolutionized or transformed the world of pageantry, and not just pageantry, but any social cause that we like to lend our voice to, how we inform each other, how we connect.” – Catriona Gray
29. “I give big ups to people who are very big on social media, whether they’re doing vlogs or whatever. It takes a lot of effort.” Shawn Mendes
30. “Everyone is living for everyone else now. They’re doing stuff so they can tell other people about it. I don’t get all that social media stuff, I’ve always got other things I want to do – odd jobs around the house. No one wants to hear about that.” – Karl Pilkington
31. “Any post I do on social media, any song, anything in general – I just try to promote positivity, because I felt like there’s not enough positivity going around in the world.” – Lil Yachty
32. “I’m not sure whether it’s going to be the downfall of Rome – social media. There are too many secrets.” – Judy Sheindlin
33. “There are things that people say that hurt my feelings or whatever, especially with social media right now. It can be the most amazing thing, and it can also be the most negative and detrimental thing.” Zendaya
34. “Independent content these days can be more successful than previously because of the power of social media. However, there are still systems in place to make sure independent artists don’t get as far as signed ones.” – Lilly Singh
35. “Everybody wants to be a celebrity, which is why we have this phenomenon of social media, where nobody wants to be private. We all want to be seen.”Marc Jacobs
36. “I don’t blame people or ‘pop stars’ or whatever for being so quiet, but you can’t take it too seriously, especially on social media. It’s a very hard thing to be yourself, especially when people are watching, so I don’t blame them for being a bit reserved.” – Lewis Capaldi
37. “It’s weird how much social media affects someone’s career. It’s not uncommon for jobs and deals to be based on how many people you follow, which can be a little disappointing. I would rather that not be the case, but I understand that it’s important.” – Lili Reinhart
Social media quotes about information
38 “The information you get from social media is not a substitute for academic discipline at all.” – Bill Nye
39. “The kids are fixing their eyes on social media, and the stories they’re looking at may not be the most important things. I’m guilty of that, too. Are you looking at Instagram or the news? It’s a difficult, and weird, situation.”Selena Gomez
40 “The thought that so many people get their news from social media really is scary.” Rush Limbaugh
41 “It’s amazing how much information we share in social media, then we wonder why people steal our identity.” Frank Abagnale
42. “I hear the same anxieties over and over again. Everything is moving too quickly; everything is precarious. We have more access than ever to the people we are trying to reach, thanks to social media and mobile technology, and more information than we know what to do with.” – Anna Wintour
43. “Today, when you look at social media, you see that the narrative can be overtaken by people just from Twitter and Instagram. I know when Ferguson was going down those first few nights, I was watching feeds on the ground on Twitter, not CNN.” Ava DuVernay
44 “Smartphones and social media expand our universe. We can connect with others or collect information easier and faster than ever.” – Daniel Goleman
45 “Examining your behavior on social media could give you insight into your own personality as well as how others perceive you. You may think you’re presenting yourself in a certain light, only to discover other people view your behavior completely different.” Amy Morin
46. “When you’re trying to bust through the noise on social media, you do have to be overt and loud.” – Shaun King
Social media quotes about making personal connections
47. “It’s dope to be an artist and to have that wall of separation, but also I feel like social media is there for what it’s there for. I have a group chat with about 40 fans who I communicate with on the regular.” – 6lack
48. “Much of social media can be seen as the ‘News of me.’ It’s not so much a platform for connecting and sharing as it is a platform for advertising the idea of yourself you want to portray to others: the image of yourself you want to project.” – Narendra Modi
49. “A lot of people use social media to share mundane things or for self-glorification. I try to use it to share interesting things with people.” – Ashton Kutcher
50 “Reaching out to other people is important work. I am so pleased and honored that I’m getting the attention from the young people on social media. It’s been missing.” Maxine Waters
51 “A good life depends on the strength of our relationships with family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and strangers.” – David Lammy
52 “The good life is built with good relationships.” – Robert J. Waldinger
53 “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination.” – Carl RogersIf you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Facebook quotes that are perfect to post as your FB status.
Continue reading Social media quotes
54. “My dream is to live a good life and be loving, be close to God and be a good human being and bring peace to people.” – Ziggy Marley
55 “There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.” – Christopher Morley
56 “Mellow doesn’t always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life.” – Anne Hathaway
57 “Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life.” – Joseph Addison
58. “To be a good director, you have to have good life experience. I’m getting there.” – Thomas Brodie-Sangster
59. “Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.” – Socrates
60 “I think I should learn French and be a better cook – basic, really good life stuff.” – Angelina Jolie
Are you too addicted to social media?
Just as Mark Twain once said, “too much of anything is bad.” This is especially true with social media.
Consider a social media detox if you’re a regular user of social media. Choose a time that is convenient for you, whether it be a day of 30 days or a single day.
You can also turn off your phone’s social media notifications and delete any apps. To block specific websites, there are many browser extensions that can be used. These include Freedom and Self Control.
Social media detox can bring many positive benefits, such as increased productivity and mental clarity.
Were you able to include any of your favorite quotes or sayings on social media? Please comment below to let us know what you think about our collection.
Reading: Best 35 Pop Smoke Quotes and Lyrics