These quotes from traders will inspire you to learn more about risk management, and help you become an effective trader.
Read More: quotes about the stock market
TradingThis is the concept of selling or buying entities in exchange for a payment. Trade is usually between consumers and producers in an economy.
Trading is basically the exchange of services. You can either sell or buy with some revenue. Here are some motivational trading quotes from some well-known personalities that will help you to stop losing and learn risk management strategies for the market. This curated list contains some of the best Wall Street and financial market traders’ trading motivations and trade phrases.
More interesting quotes can be found at women in business quotes or Zig Ziglar motivational quotations.
Motivational Trading Quotes
TradingIt is not a game of chance because it involves analysis. If you feel discouraged by losses or have lost motivation, this list of motivational quotes on trading will help you keep your position in the market.
1. “Investing what is comfortable is rarely profitable.”
2. “Never, ever argue about your trading system.”
3. “Amateurs focus on how much they can make. Professionists consider how much they could lose.
4.TheThe commodity’s price will never fall to zero. If you invest in commodities futures you aren’t buying paper that states you have an intangible that could cause a company to go bankrupt.
5. “It is not always easy to do something that isn’t popular, but that’s where your money is.” Avoid stocks that aren’t attractive to investors who are less cautious and hold on to them until their true value is discovered.
6. “99 percent+ of traders don’t care about Ferraris, yachts, or other luxury items. They simply want to pay their bills, make a little more money and get good sleep at night. TheOnly 70% is required to achieve that goal. Any less and these goals become fantasy.
7. “Are there any trades that could result in you losing money? If not, you shouldn’t do it. YouYou can’t win if your are afraid to fail. Accepting the risks is key to your success.
8. “We don’t care what ‘why’ means. Real traders don’t have the time or interest to worry about ‘what’, ‘when’, ‘if’, and then’. “Why?” is for fools.
9.TradingThis is not for those who dream big, aren’t able to stick with it, or are just starting out. It requires a strong commitment. Trade like you mean it if you want to trade.
10. Trading requires you to be both defensive and aggressive. If you’re not aggressive, you won’t make any money. And if you’re not defensive, you won’t keep the money.
Forex Motivational Quotes
Foreign exchange, or forex trading, is a very popular market. If you’re looking for motivational quotes on forex trading, you’re in the right place.
11. “I am only rich because I recognize when I’m wrong.” I have survived basically by learning from my mistakes.
12. “It was clear that I could trade for my living and if other people could do it, then I could persevere enough to figure it all out.”
13.TheNeglecting to take a risk is the greatest risk. The only way to avoid failure in a rapidly changing world is to not take risks.
14. “I have two main rules for winning in trading and life: 1. You cannot win if you don’t bet. 2. If you lose all your chip, you cannot bet.
15. “I just wait for money to appear in the corner. All I have do is get it and go over there. “I do nothing between the two of them.”
16. “I believe analysis is more important than forecasting.”
-Nicolas Darvas. “How I Made $2,000,000 in Stock Market”, 1986.
17.TheThe purpose of trading is not to be right. I believe that the goal is to make money. Don’t let your current positions get in the way of your trading.
18. Learn to accept losses TheIt is important to not allow your losses to get out of control when making money.
19. “Regardless of the method you use to trade, it doesn’t matter how you do it. The most important thing is that you follow a major trend if you want to get in on that trend.
20.TheThe uncertainty of the future is the fundamental law of investing.”
Warren Buffett Quotes
Warren Buffett is a great investor. These quotes are meant to inspire you. Stop wasting your time and invest your money in trading.
21. Wall Street is where people go in a Rolls Royce for advice from the subway.
-‘TheSnowball: Warren Buffett’s Business of Life and Snowball, 2008.
22. “In business, the rearview mirror always has more clarity than the windshield.”
23. “People who have cash equivalents today feel content. They shouldn’t. They chose a horrible long-term asset that is likely to decline in value and pays almost nothing.”
24. “If your luck is in the top 1%, you owe it the rest to think about the 99%.”
25. “Buy only what you would be happy to keep if the market crashes for 10 years.”
26.YouYou only need to do a few things right in life, as long as you don’t do too many wrong.
27. “I like to buy quality merchandise, whether it’s socks and stocks, when it is marked up.”
-‘Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chairman’s letter’, 2008.
28.TheOne of the main differences between successful people, and truly successful people, is that a successful person will say “no” to nearly everything.
29. “It is better to buy a fantastic company at an affordable price than a great company at an expensive price.”
30.YouYou can’t have a baby in a month if you get nine women pregnant.”
31.SuccessInvestment is not related to IQ. You don’t need IQ to invest, but you do need intelligence.
Interview, Business Week, 1999.
TradingTime is more important than money Quotes
The time you spend trading is crucial to determining your revenue. To maximize your earnings, analyze and prepare these best trading wise and trading timing quotes.
32.TheA trader who is successful will make the best trades. It is not important to make money.
33 “Time is your friend, impulse is your money.”
34. “There are times to go slow, times to go fast, and times to go fishing.
35. “Spend each day trying be a little more wise than you were when your alarm went off.”
-Charlie Munger, ‘Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The”Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger”, 2005.
36. “Compound interest is eighth wonder of the universe. It is earned by those who are able to understand it. It is not worth it if you don’t understand it.”
– Albert Einstein.
37.TheThe rich invest in time, while the poor save money.
38. “If all traders learned to be more patient, they would make much more money.”
39. “Throughout my financial career I have seen many people who have lost their lives because they failed to take responsibility for risk. It will ruin you if you don’t look hard at risk.
40 “Do not anticipate and move without market confirmation—being a little late in your trade is your insurance that you are right or wrong.”
-Jesse Livermore, ‘How to Trade in Stocks: TheLivermore Formula to Combine Time Element And Price”, 1940.
41. “Stocks are always too high for you or too low to sell.”
Live Market Quotes
Are you looking for quotes on the live market? These quotes will make your search worthwhile. Enjoy these market-inspired quotes.
42. “Stock prices movements start to reflect new developments even before it is widely recognized that they have occurred.”
43. “It’s the job of market to transform the base material of our emotions in gold.”
44YouYou never know what type of market you will find. Your goal should be to find the best risk-reward ratio.
45YouStock market declines are the result of a recession. You won’t be able to understand what’s coming.
46 “Commodities tend not to zig when equity markets zag.”
-Jim Rogers. Hot Commodities: How Anyone can Invest Profitably on the World’s Best Market. 2007.
47. “I’ve found that if you invest wisely and the market is going down, you will eventually be happy.” YouYou won’t be able to get there by just reading. This is the best time to buy.
48. “There were two sets money rules: one for those who work for it and another for those who are rich.
49.TheThe market can be more irrational than you can stay solvent.
-John Maynard Keynes.
50 “In a bullmarket, one can only be either on the sidelines or in the lead. Don’t forget, a position is not a position.
51 “Invest for the long-term. Do not be greedy or afraid.
-Shelby M.C. Davis.
52. “People in the markets find a way to get down to the basics of I have you want, you have I want,”
Best Stock Trading Quotes
Stock price charts are constantly changing, but these stock trading quotes will give you a boost of motivation.
53TradingYour character is not just revealed, but it also builds if you continue to play the game.
54 “Bull markets are born from pessimism. They grow on skepticism. They mature on optimism. And they die of euphoria.
55 “One of my favorite things about the stock markets is that everyone buys and sells. And both people think they’re smart.”
56 Stock market bubbles do not grow from thin air. They are based on reality but are distorted by misconceptions.
57TradingEffectively, it is all about assessing probabilities and not certainties.
58. “Value stock are as exciting and as thrilling as watching grass grow. But, have you ever noticed how fast your grass grows in a single week?”
59. When purchasing stock in distressed companies, it is important to look for the ones that have a better financial position than the ones that have a lot of bank loans.
60 “Only the game can teach the game to you.”
61 “Investing should not be like watching paint dry, or watching grass grow. Las Vegas is the best place to find excitement if you have $800.
62YouYou shouldn’t stop a train by a brick wall. Even if there is a wall of selling, it’s still going to go through the brick wall and take out many bears.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
63. “A few men have made it big by paying more attention to details than the rest.”
Quotes On The Stock Market
TheStock market is basically a mix of individuals and investors where they trade. Here are some stock market quotes that will grab someone’s attention. Funny stock market quotes are both amusing and intelligent. They’re useful and can serve multiple purposes.
64. “One of my favorite things about the stock markets is that everyone buys and sells. And both people think they’re smart.”
65 “An investor with no investment goals is like a traveler who doesn’t have a destination.”
66 “If stock market experts were so knowledgeable, they would be buying stocks and not selling advice.”
-Norman R. Augustine.
67TheThe stock market allows you to transfer money from one person to another.
68. “The stock market is, in many ways, like the weather. You can choose to not like the current conditions or wait for a while.
69TheMarkets can be unpredictable. One must therefore have different scenarios. TheMy view of the market is not based on the idea that you can predict what will happen.
70TheIntelligent investor is a realist who sells on optimists and purchases from pessimists.
-Benjamin Graham, ‘The Intelligent Investor ‘, 1949.
71TheThe stock market’s main purpose is to fool as many people as possible.
72 You can learn all the math in fourth grade to understand the stock market.
-Peter Lynch’s One Up OnWall Street: How? ToUse What YouYou already know ToSave Money TheMarket, 1989.
73. “When shopping for common stocks, you should choose them as you would grocery items, and not like you would perfume.”
74. “Stocks can be bought not out of fear but out of hope. They are often sold out of fear.
75TheThe stock market is full of people who know everything about the price, but nothing about the value of it.”
-Philip Arthur Fisher.
Cut Your Losses Quotes
Trading is not without its risks. However, some losses can drain your motivation to achieve your goals. These quotes will help you to prevent losses and recover quickly from them.
76.TheThe problem isn’t whether a business can survive in competition with other businesses, but whether any business can survive in the face of social changes.”
-Laurence Joseph McGinley.
77. A company can only manage so much money and so little managerial time. The best leaders invest in the areas that pay the most. They reduce their losses elsewhere.
-Jack Welch, ‘Winning’ 2005.
78. “A leader must know when a pursuit doesn’t make sense. It is a sign of wisdom that a leader can recognize when it is worthless.
-A.J. Darkholme, “Rise of the Morningstar”, 2014.
79. “We are in this business of making errors.” Winners make small errors; losers make large mistakes.
80 “Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Maybe you will have another chance.
81 “We want to see ourselves as winners, but successful traders focus on their losses.”
82. “A market is, in the short term, a voting machine. But, over the long-term, it’s a weighing device.”
83. “There is no shame in losing money when you own stock. It’s something that everyone does. It’s shameful to hold onto a stock and, worse, to continue to buy it when the fundamentals start to decline.
84. “Money can multiply in practical value depending how many W’s are in your life: what do you do, when do you do it and where do you do them with.”
-Timothy Ferriss,’ The4-Hour Workweek, 2007.
85 “My favourite things in life are free.” It’s clear that time is our most precious resource.
86TheTrading is rarely affected by the emotions we feel and enjoy.”
87.TheThe waiting is more important than the buying and selling of big money.
Best Trading Psychology Quotes
A psychology trading quote can be considered the best advice or motivation for trading. This section of the article contains a range of quotes about trading psychology that can be used to help you understand the principles.
88. “Get advice from wealthy people who are willing to take risks and not friends who will only accept a football bet.”
-J. Paul Getty.
89. “Don’t search for the needle in a haystack. Don’t look for the needle in the haystack, just buy it!
John Bogle TheLittle Book of Common Sense Investing The2007: The Only Way To Guarantee Your Fair Share Of Stock Market Returns
90 “Know what you have, and why you have it.”
91YouYou can make the most of a bear market, but you don’t know it.
-Shelby Cullom Davis.
92. “Investing is the intersection between economics and psychology.”
– Seth Klarman.
93.YouYou need to be able to recognize when it is time to let go of the loss or move on. Don’t allow anxiety to fool you into thinking that you can do it again.
94 “Trade what’s happening… Not what you think is gonna happen.”
95.TheTrading is a cold, hard reality. Every trade has an uncertain outcome.
-Mark Douglas, ‘Trading2001.
96TheThe game of speculation is one of the most interesting and fascinating in the world. But it’s not for the dumb, the mentally lazy, the person with an inferior emotional balance, the adventurer who wants to make quick money. They will die poor.”
– Jesse Livermore.
97.TheConsistency is what you want, not the markets.
– Mark Douglas.
98.TheIt is not the question of how much I will earn on this trade that should be asked. TheThe true question is, “Will I be fine if this trade doesn’t bring me any profit?”
– Yvan Byeajee.
99. “If you can’t find a way for you to make money while you are sleeping, you will work till you die.”
100 “Start at the end before starting. Professional investors will always have an exit plan before they invest. An important investment principle is knowing your exit strategy.
-Robert Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, 1997.
101ToAvoid whipsaw losses and stop trading.”
Best Paul Tudor Jones Quotes
Paul Tudor Jones, another prominent investor is here to share his wisdom and help you move closer towards your dreams.
102 “Don’t worry about making money. Instead, think about protecting what you already have.”
-Paul Tudor Jones.
103.TradingYou must be able and willing to compete in this highly competitive market.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
104 “If I have positions that are against me, then I get out. If they are for me, then I keep them.”
-Paul Tudor Jones.
105 “I will continue to reduce the size of my positions as I lose trades. When I trade poorly, I reduce my position size. This way, my worst trading will result in me trading with a smaller position size.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
106 “Don’t be a hero. Do not have an ego. Never underestimate your abilities and self-worth. Never feel like you are not good enough. The second you do, you are dead.”
-Paul Tudor Jones.
107.TheThe key to trading success is having an indefatigable thirst for knowledge and information.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
108 “Don’t ever average losers. If you trade poorly, decrease your trading volume; increase it when you trade well. Avoid trading in situations you can’t control.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
109.TheThe whole world is nothing more than a flow diagram for capital.
-Paul Tudor Jones.
110. “I always think about losing money rather than making money.”
-Paul Tudor Jones.
Kidadl has a lot of fun, family-friendly quotes you can all enjoy here! These are our top suggestions. Trading QuotesYou might also want to take a look on work in progress and work family quotes.