It is possible to feel unloved by people you care about. Feeling unloved can make you feel lonely, useless and unwanted.
YouThese sad quotes will help you see that you are not the only one who feels unwelcome.
It’s normal to feel unwanted at times, but you don’t have to give people the power to make you feel unloved. Do not let someone treat you badly.
Read More: quotes about feeling unwanted
Whatever it is that’s making you feel lonely or unloved, know that you are, and have always been, strong enough to get through it.
These are quotes that describe feeling unloved if someone makes you feel less than you deserve.
My friend, there’s a light at end of tunnel
1. “Perhaps the unattached, the unwanted, the unloved, could grow to give love as lushly as anyone else.”― Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Useful for You: 101 Timeless Quotes About Aging
RELATED: 20 QuotesA Strong Woman’s Needs ToHear (AndRemember!
2. “But you can vanquish the demons only when you yourself are convinced of your own worth.”― Adeline Yen Mah
3. “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked, and homeless. The greatest poverty is being unloved and neglected. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” ― Mother Teresa
4. “If you feel unwanted or unappreciated where you are or by those you’re with, it only means you’re in the wrong place or with the wrong people. Keep trying. Someone else will see you for the true gift you are.”― LK Hunsaker
5.StrengthOnly continuous effort and struggle can bring about growth and success. — Napoleon Hill
6. “I want to remind you that I love you, and that love is unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. If you feel unworthy or unwanted in any way… know that every breath you take is precious to me.”― Jamie McGuire
7. “Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all.”― G.K. Chesterton
8. “There’s beauty in misery, sadness and things that are so unloved and forgotten.”― Ghaleya Aldhafiri
9. “I am not afraid of being unloved. But I am terrified of never learning to love.”― Michael D. O’Brien
10. “Some people think that holding on to makes us stronger, but sometimes it’s letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
11. “You were never created to be hurt or scared or unloved. You were created for a life of joy, and fun, and love, where you can dream big dreams and have grand adventures.”― Jade Miller
12. “Grace is love that seeks you out when you have nothing to give in return. Grace is love coming at you that has nothing to do with you. Grace is being loved when you are unlovable….” ― Preston Sprinkle
13. “Books have always been my solace and my friend. Who can ever feel unloved or lonely when there’s a whole world of undiscovered journeys to take, hidden in the pages of a book.”― E.S. Carter
14. “We all choose to receive love and joy at the level of our self-love and self-esteem. So love yourself a little harder and life will get a lot better.” — Karen Salmansohn
15. “Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.” — Rupi Kaur
52. “’It is the secret fear that we are unlovable that isolates us,’ the passage goes, ‘but it is only because we are isolated that we think we are unlovable.’”― Gabrielle Zevin
53. “When we’re hungry, we eat food. When we’re out of shape, we go to the gym. When we’re tired, we go to sleep. But for some reason, when we’re feeling unlovable, we analyze ourselves to death until we feel worse.”― Jackson MacKenzie
54. “Today I am willing to love the unlovable parts of me with care.”― Galitta Tassa
55. “The voice in her head said: Imperfect, unlovable, victim, defeated, hide. The voice in her heart said: Kind, peaceful, gentle soul, easy to love, winner. Release the insecurities and reclaim your heart, your purpose, your peace.”― J. Autherine
56. “You recognize that no one who sucks your energy, puts you down, makes you feel small, or is unloving to you is entitled to your time.”― Cleo Wade
57. “The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.”― Shannon L. Alder
58. “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.”—Ayn Rand
59. “That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.”― F. Scott Fitzgerald
60. “When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”― Elizabeth Gilbert
61. “If you learn to really sit with loneliness and embrace it for the gift that it is…an opportunity to get to know YOU, to learn how strong you really are, to depend on no one but YOU for your happiness…you will realize that a little loneliness goes a LONG way in creating a richer, deeper, more vibrant and colorful YOU.”― Mandy Hale
62. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.”― Rumi
63. “Don’t attach yourself to anyone who shows you the least bit of attention because you’re lonely. Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best thing you can do it know yourself… know what you want.”― Janet Fitch
64. 11.It’s never loneliness that nibbles away at a person’s insides, but not having room inside themselves to be comfortably alone.”― Rachel Sontag
65. “There might be some hours of loneliness. But there was something wonderful even in loneliness. At least you belonged to yourself when you were lonely.”― Lucy Maud Montgomery
66. “If you don’t like the scene you’re in, if you’re unhappy, if you’re lonely, if you don’t feel that things are happening, change your scene. Paint a new backdrop.”― Leo Buscaglia
67. “I am a lover without a lover. I am lovely and lonely and I belong deeply to myself.”― Warsan Shire
68. “We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and — in spite of true romance magazines — we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely — at least, not all the time — but essentially, and finally, alone. this is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness”― William S. Burroughs
69. “Even in the loneliest moments I have been there for myself.”― Sanober Khan
70. “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.”― Mandy Hale
71. “So much of the pain of loneliness is to do with concealment, with feeling compelled to hide vulnerability, to tuck ugliness away, to cover up scars as if they are literally repulsive. But why hide? What’s so shameful about wanting, about desire, about having failed to achieve satisfaction, about experiencing unhappiness? Why this need to constantly inhabit peak states, or to be comfortably sealed inside a unit of two, turned inward from the world at large?”― Olivia Laing
72. “I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your being.”― Hafez
73. “You will be lonely, but you’ll become strong.”― Marie Rutkoski
74. “She was beautiful, in the quiet way that lonely, unnoticed people are beautiful to those who notice them.”― Jedediah Berry
75. “I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want me.”― Oprah Winfrey
RELATED: 25 Best Strength Quotes To Get You Through Even The Toughest Days
If you are struggling with depression, you can reach the NAMI helpline by phone 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about mental health resources. If you feel you are at risk for suicide, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Abby Jamison is an editorial intern who loves reading and writing above all else, but road trips are a close second. Her inspiration comes mainly from travel, LGBTQ+ history, and feminism.
Useful for You: Butterfly Quotes Honoring Your Own Metamorphosis