What Is PositiveWhat is Self-Talk?
Everybody has a constant dialogue with themselves throughout the day. Whether it’s personal commentary, thoughts on life, the circumstances of your day or something else, you have the opportunity to fill your day with positive self-talk. You don’t have to continue with negative self-talk. Learn how you can break the cycle by focusing on positive thoughts that will increase your self-esteem and change your outlook.
Self-talk can be described as your inner voice. While you may not have focused on it before, you’ve practiced self-talk throughout your entire life. It’s the running commentary always going on in the background, and it influences how you see yourself and the world around you.
Read More: positive self-talk quotes
Top Useful: Lil Peep Quotes About Love, Life, and Music
PositiveSelf-talk refers to an inner monologue that helps you feel positive about yourself, your life and everything else. It’s an optimistic voice in your head that encourages you to look at the bright side, pick yourself up when you fall and recognize when you fail.
Positivevs. Negative Self-Talk
There’s a big difference between positive and negative self-talk. Positive self-talk tells you things like “I’m doing my best” or “I don’t feel too great today, but things could be worse.” It allows you to look at the bright side and encourage yourself. Negative self-talk, on the other hand makes you feel miserable about your life and yourself. For example, you might say, “Everything is terrible right now” or “I’m not smart enough to do this. I should do better.”
Your self-esteem can be affected by promoting positive self talk instead of negative self talk. We often replay negative comments from others in our heads and repeat them over and over. We start to feel guilty, anxious, fearful, and angry when we hear it so often. Positive self-talk can change these feelings into joy, optimism, contentment by replacing them with positive thoughts.
Positive Self-Talk Quotes
Top Useful: Amazing Movement Quotes for Fitness Inspiration
Posting positive self-talk quotes around your car, home or office can help you turn negative thoughts into positive. Choose one of these quotes to inspire you, or search for another.
- “Loving or hating the life you are living is solely all in your repeated self-talk.” – Edward Mbiaka
- “Turn down the volume of your negative inner voice and create a nurturing inner voice to take its place. Forgive yourself for making a mistake and learn from it. Then, move on, not dwelling on it. Equally important, don’t allow anyone else to dwell on your mistakes or shortcomings or to expect perfection from you.” – Beverly Engel, “The Nice Girl Syndrome: Stop Being Manipulated and Abused — And Start Standing Up for Yourself”
- “Positive self-talk is to emotional pain as pain pill is to physical pain.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “The way you choose to think and speak about yourself (to yourself and others), IS A CHOICE! You may have spent your whole life talking about yourself in a negative way, but that doesn’t mean you have to continue that path.” – Miya Yamanouchi
- “Watch what you tell yourself, you’re likely to believe it.” – Russ Kyle
For more information, contact 7 Summit Pathways
Start Your Journey
7 Summit Pathways will help you to discover what positive self-talk looks like in your life, and how to transform your negative thoughts into positive ones in Recovery. Call us now or make an appointment to begin your journey.