There’s nothing more inspirational that a good quote.
And there’s nothing more funny than a good quote, too.
Read More: money quotes funny
I’ve scoured the internet looking for some of the funniest and inspirational money quotes that money can buy. It’s not true.
I’m always looking for good quotes about money and frankly got tired always searching for them. It would be easier to have them all together.It was much easier to put them all in one place. 🙂
So here you have it….95Funny and inspiring quotes about money. Please let me know if you have a favorite.
Funny Money Quotes
1. “Money is like a sixth sense – and you can’t make use of the other five without it.” – William Somerset Maugham
2. “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.” – Helen Gurley Brown
3. “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.” – Woody Allen
4. “MoneyIt is not the most important thing on the planet. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.” – Jackie Mason
6. “MoneyIt is the opposite to the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.” – Rebecca Johnson
7. “The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.” – Kin Hubbard
8. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” – Bob Hope
9. “Cocaine is God’s way of saying you’re making too much money.” – Robin Williams
11. “The trick is to stop thinking of it as ‘your’ money.” – IRS auditor
12. “Dogs have no money. Isn’t that amazing? They’re broke their entire lives. But they persevere. Do you know why dogs don’t have money? .. No Pockets.” – Jerry Seinfeld
13. “Money is the best deodorant.” – Elizabeth Taylor
14. “He who marries for love without money has good nights and sorry days.” – Anonymous
15. “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work.” – Robert Orben
17. “Money often costs too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail” – Richard Friedman
19. “If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson
20If you don’t have much money, there is a simple way to get back from a casino. Take a big one. ~Jack Yelton
21. Car sickness is the feeling that you have when your monthly payment is due. Author Unknown
22. It doesn’t matter how much you hug it, your money will never hug back. ~Quoted in P.S. H. Jackson Brown Jr. compiled I Love You.
23. Inflation refers to when you have to pay fifteen dollars for a ten-dollar haircut that you got for five dollars when your hair was long. Sam Ewing
24. Business is the art of extracting money from another man’s pocket without resorting to violence. ~Max Amsterdam
25. Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn’t expect to be paid back. Author Unknown
26. It was likely worth it if you lend $20 to someone and then never see them again. Author Unknown
27. I don’t like money, actually, but it quiets my nerves. Joe Louis
29. Budget: A mathematical confirmation that your suspicions are confirmed. A.A. Latimer
30. MoneyIt is similar to manure. Spread it all around, or it will smell. J. Paul Getty
31. 31. Kay Ingram
32. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy you the kind of misery you prefer. Author Unknown
33. MoneySometimes, it is too expensive. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
34 TheThe cure for money waste is quick, because there’s no more money to be wasted. M.W. Harrison
35 I’m so poor I can’t even pay attention. Ron Kittle 1987
36. It allows you to do the things you like. Money is useful because I don’t like doing almost everything. ~Groucho Marx
37. The Golden Rule is our guideline. The rules are made by those who have the gold. ~Buzzie Bavasi
38. TheThe economy is dependent on economists just as much as it does on weather forecasters. ~Jean-Paul Kauffmann
39. 39. Author Unknown
40. If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. ~Aristotle Onassis
41 Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale. ~Zig Ziglar
42. 42. Doug Larson
43 If inflation continues to soar, you’re going to have to work like a dog just to live like one. George Gobel
44. 44. Mark Twain
45 If all the economists were laid end to end, they’d never reach a conclusion. George Bernard Shaw
46. Intaxication. Euphoria when you get a refund from IRS. This lasts until it becomes clear that it was your money. From a Washington Post word competition
48 “You fool! You’re 30 cents away from having a quarter!” -Sweet Dick Willie (Robin Harris)Do the Right Thing
49. “The best way you hurt rich people is by turning them into poor people” – Billy Ray Valentine (Eddie Murphy) Trading Places
50 “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Once you have the money, you can get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.” -Tony Montana (Al Pacino) Scarface
51 “Money’s only something you need in case you don’t die tomorrow.” – Carl Fox (Martin Sheen)Wall Street
52 “The rich. You know why they’re so odd? Because they can afford to be.” -Alexander Knox (Robert Wuhl)Batman
53. “A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.” — Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) Wall Street
54 “Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didn’t have it and thought of other things if you did.”- James Arthur Baldwin
55 “Money and women are the most sought after and the least known about of any two things we have.”— Will Rogers
56 “I rob banks because that’s where the money is.” Willie Sutton.
57 “The only reason I made a commercial for American Express was to pay for my American Express bill.” Peter Ustinov.
58. “My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil.” JP Getty.
59 “I owe much; I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor.”Francois Rebelais
60 “I’m spending a year dead for tax reasons.” Douglas Adams.
61. “They were a people so primitive they did not know how to get money, except by working for it.” Joseph Addison.
62. “October: This is one of the particularly dangerous months to invest in stocks. Other dangerous months are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February.” Mark Twain
63. “All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.” Spike Milligan.
64 “You should always live within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.”Josh Billings
65 “Money is something you have to make in case you don’t die.” Max Asnas.
66 “Undermine the entire economic structure of society by leaving the pay toilet door ajar so the next person can get in free.”Taylor Meade
67 “What’s the use of happiness? It can’t buy you money.”Henry Youngman
68 “We didn’t actually overspend our budget. The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure.”Keith Davis.
69. “If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.” JP Getty.
71. “To make a million, start with $900,000.” Morton Shulman.
72. “If there is anyone to whom I owe money, I’m prepared to forget it if they are.” Errol Flynn
73. “A bargain is something you can’t use at a price you can’t resist.”Franklin Jones.
74. “There were times my pants were so thin I could sit on a dime and tell if it was heads or tails.” -Spencer Tracy quotes
75. “I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.” -Jackie Mason
76. “When people ask me if I have any spare change, I tell them I have it at home in my spare wallet.”-Nick Arnette
77. “Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won’t be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did.” -Henny Youngman
78. “If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves.” -Lane Kirkland
81 “It’s money. I remember it from when I was single” — Billy Crystal
82. “There’s a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It’s called marriage” — James Holt McGavran
83. “I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died” — Malcolm Forbes
84 “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit” — George Carlin
85 “I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed” — George Carlin
86 “Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.” — Steven Wright
87 “I just filled out my income tax forms. Who says you can’t get killed by a blank?” — Milton Berle
88 “It’s amazing how fast later comes when you buy now!” — Milton Berle
89. “If you’re given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal.” — Katherine Hepburn
90 “A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be” — unknown
91. “What is the difference between a taxidermist and a tax collector? The taxidermist takes only your skin” -Mark Twain
92. “Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man’s lifetime income – which he then spends sending his son to college.” — Bill Vaughn
93. “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” — Shaquille O’Neal
94 “It’s easy to meet expenses – everywhere we go, there they are.” — Anonymous
95. “MoneyBoth women and men. They’re two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn’t do for anything else. Same with money.” — Satchel Paige
What’s your favorite quote about money?