wher otMother’s Day can be a great time to honor your mom. However, it can also be a difficult day when your mother is not there. These heartfelt messages about mom missing you are so touching.
It can be very difficult to watch your friends, relatives, and even strangers celebrate Mother’s Day when you are grieving the loss your mother.
- Although this day of celebration can turn into a day filled with nostalgia and mourning, your mother will always be there for you, even though she is no longer physically present.
- On a day like Mother’s Day, it’s understandable that you might cry and grieve that she isn’t here with you, but try to also remind yourself that her greatest gift remains — and that gift is you. For someone who has lost their mother, this is undoubtedly the hardest day of the year.
- You can find positive ways of honoring and remembering your mom on Mother’s Day. It’s a great way for you to get over the grief and to feel emotionally healthy afterward.
- Reading beautiful poems and quotes can help you to remember your mother for her positive impact on your life.
- These are the top missing mom quotes that will be remembered in honor of those mothers who have gone before us.
1. “The world changes year to year, and our lives daily, but the love and memories of you will never go away.”
RELATED : Dear Mom, Happy Mother’s Day From a son Who Misses you
2. “Grief is a part of love, and you can’t have one without the mother. All I can do to love her and love the world is to live with courage, spirit, joy. — Jady Nelson
3. “Don’t grieve. Everything you lose is made new. — Rumi
4. “Whenever I feel like I miss you, I remember how lucky I was to have you in my life.” I wouldn’t trade these moments for the world. — Cindy Adkins
5. “If I could find a flower to remember you every time I thought of it… I could have my own garden all the time.” — Alfred, Lord Tennyson
6. “You don’t have to grieve constantly, but the grief will still be there. — Nigella Lawson
7. Grief can be a burden but it can also serve as an anchor. You learn to accept the weight and how it keeps you in place. — Sarah Desean
8. “We can only truly understand death when it touches someone we love.” — Madame de Stael
9. “Perhaps, they aren’t stars in the sky but are openings where our loved one shines down to let me know they are happy.” — Eskimo Legend
10. “Sometimes only one person is missing and the entire world seems depopulated.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
11. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To” We have been loved so deeply that even though the person who loved and protected us was gone, it will still give us some protection.” — J.K. Rowling
12. “There is something about losing a mother that is permanent and inexpressible — a wound that will never quite heal.” — Susan Wiggs
13. “No daughter and mother should ever separate, no matter how far apart they live.” — Christie Watson
14. “Her absence, like the sky spreading over everything,” — C.S. Lewis
15. “Do not let your parents down. It is scary and confusing without them.” — Emily Dickinson
16. “I miss your warm hug and the feeling of love when you wrapped my arms around me. Your beautiful smile and the sound you make when you say my name are what I miss. I miss hearing you say, ‘I love you’ and me saying, ‘I love you’ in return.” — Millie P. Lorenz
17. “All that I am or hope to become, I owe my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
RELATED: How to Survive Mother’s Day After Losing Your Mother
18. “Mothers never die. They just keep the house up in heaven.” They make the sun shine by day and the stars shine at night. They keep the moonbeams shining brightly and wait in the heavenly home to greet those they love. — Helen Steiner Rice
19. “Mom! I’m missing you, but I know you will always love me and be there in my heart. You are the reason I am who and what I am. You and your kindness and generosity are what have given me my sweet, compassionate soul. Your imagination has allowed me to see the wonders of the world. I have learned to never lose sight your determination and perseverance. I love you always and forever…” — Karen Kossel
20. The deepest sorrow a person can feel is losing a mother. However, her kindness, her caring and wisdom will live on as a legacy of love that will be with you forever. Let that love surround you and bring you peace.
21. “I had no other home than you.” — Janet Fitch
22. “There is no death, my daughter. My mother explained that people die when they forget them shortly before she lost me. “If you can remember me you will always be with me.” — Isabel Allende
23. “In Vietnamese, the word for missingmand remembering them is the same: nod.” — Ocean Voong
24. — Billy Graham
25. I wish I could undo every moment that made your heart break. I miss you, mom.”
26. She is my bridge. She was my bridge when I needed to cross. Her steadying hand allowed me to safely run across the road. — Renita Weems
27. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” — Helen Keller
28. “I should be able to understand enough about loss to know that you don’t really ever stop missing someone. You just learn to live with the enormous gaping hole in their absence.” — Alyson Noel
29. They are a sign that you have a pure heart. — José N. Harris
30. “But she wasn’t around, and that’s the thing when your parents die, you feel like instead of going in to every fight with backup, you are going into every fight alone.” — Mitch Abloom
31. “My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart — a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.” — Mark Twain
32 “There are no goodbyes.” You will always be my friend, no matter where you may be. — Mahatma Gandhi
33. “I miss saying ‘Mom!’ loudly. “I miss not being in a position to find the perfect card for you, and then finding it, writing ‘To Mom’ on it for yet another cherished Mother’s Day.” — Millie P. Lorenz
34 “Unable are those loved to die, because love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson
35 — Jewish Proverb
RELATED: 15 Beautiful Quotes These are just a few examples of the power and strength of the mother-daughter bond
36. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have held on to me throughout my entire life.” — Abraham Lincoln
37. “If we lose the people we love, the best way to ensure they live on is to keep loving them.” — James O’Barr
38. “Losing someone you love can affect you. It’s buried deep within you, and it becomes a huge, deep hole of pain. Even if you cease officially mourning, it doesn’t disappear. — Carrie Jones
39. “I know what it was like for someone you love to die.” You don’t get past something like this, but you got over it.” — Jodi Picoult
40 “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. My mother is the reason for everything I have. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her.” — George Washington
41. “My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.” — Barack Obama
42 — Irish Proverb
43. “My mother is a constant song in my heart of comfort and happiness. While I might forget the words, the tune is always there in my head. — Gracie Harmon
44. “My mother… had a very deep inner spirituality that allowed her to rebuild her life. It’s extraordinary that she had such a strong sense of self and such a commitment to the future and such a strong creative sense that she could build new worlds for herself and for us out of the total devastation in her life.” — Caroline Kennedy
45 “I don’t think of myself as a terribly confident person. But I have a survival mechanism that was instilled in me by my mother.” — Naomi Watts
46 These memories aren’t profound but they have stayed close to me throughout my life. — Margaret Sanger
47 “Grief is like an ocean. It comes in waves, ebbing and flow. Sometimes the water is calm, sometimes it is turbulent. We can only learn to swim. — Vicki Harrison
48 “There is a sacredness to tears. They are not weakness. They speak with more clarity than ten thousand words. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love.” — Washington Irving
49. “I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They are there to support us in every thought, action, and decision that we make. Their love leaves a lasting impression on our lives. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.” — Leo Buscaglia
50. “Those we love and those that we lose are always connected through heartstrings into infinite.” — Terri Guillemets
RELATED : 75 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes For Mom & Grandma
Shanelle is a Brooklyn College MFA student studying creative writing. She loves blogging, reading, volunteering and working on her novel.