There’s this stereotype that everyone hates their job, no matter what it is. That they just can’t stand being there anymore and would quit in a heartbeat. Well, that’s not always the case.
People love their jobs so much they wouldn’t leave it for another one. It makes it harder to quit when there is a better job available.
Read More: leaving a job quotes
Different reasons may be the reason why some people love their job. Sometimes, we just love our job because it is what we enjoy. Sometimes, we are drawn to our jobs because of the relationships we have made. Regardless, loving a job so much that you don’t want to leave it for a new one, isn’t as rare as it seems.
Sometimes, it’s necessary to leave where you are at the moment. We feel like we’re at a standstill, and we crave some change and adventure.
This could be a sign that you are looking for a job change or a better opportunity.
It’s about getting up and leaving behind the place you love and finding comfort in your hurts. Working together allowed us to grow as people, make memories, laugh, and form friendships that will last a lifetime.
Our coworkers became friends that helped keep us motivated and inspired, even on our bad days — and we can’t thank them enough for all the times they were there for us.
It’s scary to think of moving on and trying a new thing. We’re scared, yet so excited. But not only are we absolutely ecstatic, but we’re also sad.
We considered our job a hobby, not a chore. But we realized, we had overstayed our welcome — and it’s time for something new.
RELATED: 7 Legit Reasons Why Co-Workers Make the Best Friends
The unsettling mix of sadness and joy you’re feeling is normal. Leaving somewhere you grew to love for something new feels wrong, but just know that it’s for the best, and it’s what you have to do.
Here are some ways to overcome negative thoughts about quitting your job and starting a new career. 20Here are some bittersweet quotes that will help you deal with the loss of a job you love.
1. “Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened.” — Dr. Seuss
Thankful for the memories you’ve made.
2. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
YouTo move on to better and greater things, you must end certain things.
3. “Growth is painful. Change is hard. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”
It might seem daunting, but it is necessary to make changes.
4. “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful.” — Beau Taplin
It doesn’t always have to be ugly at the end of something.
RELATED : 20Motivational QuotesTo Help YouKeep Cool WhenYour Bad Boss is Driving YouInsane
5. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A.A. Milne, Winnie The Pooh
When you love what you are leaving, it can be hard to say good-bye.
6. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”
It’s time to go on with your life.
7. “Do more than just exist.”
Don’t settle for less just because you’re comfortable where you’re at.
8. “Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you.”
Remind yourself that you’re leaving to reach your ultimate goals.
RELATED: 10 Fearless Ways To Forget What Everyone Else Says And Love Yourself
9. “There are far better things ahead than we ever leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
A reminder that there is always something better ahead of you.
10. “Today I close the door to my past, open the door to my future, take a deep breath, and step through a new life.”
There’s a new adventure out there waiting for you.
11. “We must accept the end of something in order to begin to build something new.”
Take all the time you need, but you have to accept the end and move on.
12. “You can’t always wait for the perfect time. Sometimes, you have to dare to do it because life is too short to wonder what could’ve been.”
Don’t worry, you’re making the right move.
RELATED: The Awful, Damaging Side Effect Of Working At One Place Way Too Long
13. “You may not always end up where you thought you were going. But you will always end up where you are meant to be.”
You’re not leaving because you want to, you’re leaving because you have to.
14. “Just because something ends doesn’t mean it never should’ve been. Remember, you lived, you learned, you grew and you moved on.”
Hold on to your memories.
15. “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again!”
This doesn’t have to be the end of a friendship.
16. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with another hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
Leaving something behind is hard, but it’s also rewarding.
17. “You never really leave the place you love. You take part of it with you and leave part of you there.”
Don’t forget how this experience shaped you as a person.
18. “You get a strange feeling when you leave a place. Like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again.” — Azar Nafasi
You’re leaving an era of your life behind you, and that’s OK.
19. “And suddenly you just know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”
YouDeep down, you know it’s time for you to move.
20. “I thank you for your part in my journey.”
Never forget about the friends and people you made.
RELATED: How to tactfully tell your boss You’re Quitting (Even If It’s A Job YouDeeply Loathe
Caitlin Yetkiewicz contributes regularly to YourTango. She has had her work featured on BuzzFeed. Follow her on Twitter to see more.
Useful for You: 24 Intentional Living Quotes to Inspire Your Best Life