Have you ever stumbled upon a remix or an unofficial version of a song that you just can’t get out of your head? We’ve all been there. And while these versions might not always be available on mainstream platforms, there’s a solution: YouTube Music. Think of your favorite tracks as valuable as your pay stubs; you’d want them accessible and organized. With YouTube Music, you can have your personal collection right at your fingertips. So, let’s dive into how you can upload and enjoy these gems.
Supported File Formats
Before you start uploading your music, it’s important to ensure your files are in a compatible format. YouTube Music supports the following file formats for uploads:
Make sure your music files are in one of these formats to ensure a smooth upload process.
Uploading Your Music: A Step-by-Step Guide
You have two convenient ways to upload your music to YouTube Music, both of which can be done on your computer. Let’s explore these methods in detail:
Drag and Drop on music.youtube.com
- Visit music.youtube.com: Open your web browser and go to music.youtube.com. Ensure that you are signed in to your YouTube account.
- Drag and Drop: Once you’re on the YouTube Music website, open a file explorer window on your computer where your music files are stored. Think of this action as placing your favorite tracks into a beautifully organized filing cabinet for easy retrieval. Simply drag and drop the desired music files onto any surface on the music.youtube.com webpage.
- Wait for Upload: You’ll see a progress bar showing that your music is uploading, similar to watching your savings grow. The time it takes depends on the file size and your internet connection. Be patient!
- Confirmation: After the upload is complete, you will receive a confirmation request. Your uploaded music may take some time to appear in your library, so don’t worry if you don’t see it immediately.
Using the Profile Picture Menu
- Go to music.youtube.com: Visit music.youtube.com in your web browser and make sure you are logged in to your YouTube account.
- Access Your Profile Picture: Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Upload music”: In the drop-down menu, click on “Upload music,” as you would when choosing to manage your finances.
- Choose Your Files: A file dialog will open, allowing you to select the music files you want to upload. Select the files and click “Open.” It’s akin to depositing your music treasures into your account.
- Upload and Confirm: Similar to the drag-and-drop method, you’ll see a progress bar showing your music upload. Once it’s finished, you’ll receive a confirmation request.
Things to Keep in Mind
Here are some important things to know when uploading your favorite tracks and remixes:
Mobile App Limitations
Music uploads cannot be completed using the YouTube Music mobile app. Therefore, you must use a computer to upload your music files. Think of it as going to a physical bank branch for a transaction that requires precision.
Maximum Upload Limit
You can upload up to 100,000 songs to your YouTube Music library. This generous limit should accommodate even the most extensive music collections, making it similar to having a vast storage space for your financial documents.
Brand Account Limitations
If you’re using a brand account on YouTube, you cannot upload music to a channel associated with it. To upload music, consider moving your channel to a personal account, just as you might manage your financial assets through a personal account.
How to View and Managing Your Uploads
Once your music is uploaded, you can view and manage it easily, akin to checking your account balance:
- To view or manage your uploads, go to “Library” and then “Songs” or “Albums” and select “Uploads.”
- If you want to access your uploads on the YouTube Music app, make sure you are using version 3.51 or newer.
How to Find Your Uploads
To search for music you’ve uploaded, simply click or tap “Uploads” after initiating a search to view your uploaded search results.
Music Uploads and Recommendations
It’s important to note that the music you upload will not influence the music recommendations provided by YouTube Music. Your uploads are your personal collection and do not impact the platform’s recommendation algorithm, much like your financial records don’t influence your bank’s investment recommendations.
Privacy and Sharing
Your uploaded music is exclusively for your enjoyment. Other YouTube Music users do not have access to your uploads. Even if you share a playlist that includes music you uploaded, others won’t be able to play those uploaded songs. This rule applies to members of your YouTube or Google family plan as well, ensuring your musical treasures remain for your ears only.
Uploading your favorite tracks and remixes to YouTube Music is a breeze. With this guide, you’re well on your way to creating a personalized music library that’s uniquely yours. So, the next time you come across a track that’s not on mainstream platforms, remember: YouTube Music has got your back. Happy listening!