We all are addicted to those self-haircut videos that go horribly wrong. It is the moment they realize that they have made a mistake. This is the most incredible part. It’s the same with pimple popping videos that make you squirm but you still watch them.
The thing is ― you can hide your bad haircut with some well-placed accessories. Some chicks can rock a Charlize Theron Mad Max style or a boy cut. You can conceal pimples if they happen by applying makeup.
However, when a lash lift goes wrong, there’s nothing you can do except waiting. It won’t matter how many times you try to fix it. You can rest your lashes for a few more weeks before giving them another chance.
To make sure that your next try with the lash lift kit goes right, following are the mistakes you need to avoid:
1. The Lashes Over Curled After A While
As a novice, using the at home lash lift kit is an easy and cheap way to get beautiful lashes. However, it’s possible that after using the kit for the first time, you might not get the desired results. If your lashes appear perfect after treatment, but curl after a while then look wacky, it could be that you have rushed one of these steps.
The culprit ― the adhesive which wasn’t washed out properly!
Many people believe that water damages the lash lift. This is sometimes true. If you wash your face with hot, the lashes may lose their shape. The second solution applied to the lashes to give them shape is the one that needs to be rinsed thoroughly. Because the glue was not removed from the cracks, your lashes will curl more. The shape of the lashes changed as it dried.
It is possible to fix this. All you need to do is give your lashes a swipe with the cleanser, apply the nourishing lotion, and for removing the glue from the eyelid, run a warm, damp cotton swab along your eyelid a few times to help loosen the glue. and you will be good to go.
2. The Lashes Are Fused Together
If your lashes are fused together, then sorry to be the bearer of bad news ― no amount of cleaning them will fix the problem. Your only option is to get a keratin lash lift, which uses cysteine. This treatment removes frizz and kinks in your lashes.
Cysteine raises your lash’s pH level and opens the hair scales. These gentle lift and separate the lashes. Since cysteine is activated by heat, the moment the pressure is released, the lashes return to their natural state. The keratin treatment will give the lashes strength and hydration.
After a few more weeks, your lash perm kit can be used again. This brings us to our next mistake and how you can avoid it:
3. The Lashes Are Crossed and Crinkled
This mistake usually happens when the adhesive is removed and the second solution is applied. Any glue residue left behind might cause the rest of the treatment to go wrong. Here’s what you should do:
- When applying the adhesive, separate the lashes into three sections
- Use the rod to apply the solution upward and straight
- Separate them after a few seconds if you see them sticking together
- It’s possible that when you are applying the second solution from the lash lift kit, the lashes might have shifted. So give them a touch up one more time before wiping off the glue
In most cases, it’s always the glue that causes the problem. It’s important to be careful and it will all be fine.
4. The Silicone Pads Are Not Sticking Properly
If this happens and you still continue with your lash lift then it’s possible that you might accidentally rip off your eyelashes. Your eyelids are not properly cleaned and the silicone pads still move. You might experience inconsistency while applying adhesive because of the oil residue. Another solution you can use any tape you have on your eyelid and apply the glue and pads on it, in this way you will protect your eyelid from the glue, it’s more easy to apply the pads and have more control.
5. The Curl Looks Uneven
Previously, we mentioned that if the glue is not applied and removed properly, the lashes might over curl or look crinkled. A lifting pad placed below the lash line can cause a distorted look to your lashes. The pad should not be placed below the lash line as it will cause curling at the tips.
To curl all the lashes evenly, the pad should be placed directly on the lash line.
6. The Lashes Didn’t Lift
Most people rush through the process, which is why their lashes don’t curl properly. The adhesive and perm lotion should be treated with extra care and time. If any of these solutions are removed too early, the lashes don’t absorb the ingredients properly.
Wait for at least a week before trying again. But this time, make sure to apply the solution correctly.
Note: If your lashes are thick, it doesn’t mean that you should over apply the solution. This will result in a loss of lift.
7. How to Fix Over Permed Eyelashes
- Using a spolia, apply perm solution to the lashes that are too curly. You can brush from the roots to the ends, adding more perm solution as needed. Continue this step until the over permed lashes begin to straighten out. It shouldn’t take more than 2 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the perm solution using a cotton pad to soak it off your eyelashes. Do not pull on your eyelashes during this process. The cotton pad can be gently applied to your eyelashes.
- Using another spolia, apply a nourishing oil to your lashes. Begin by gently brushing from the roots all the way to the ends.
- If you’ve done everything correctly, you’ll notice that your eyelashes have relaxed a bit. There will be curls to your eyelashes.
- Use the spolia to get your lashes a final brush and curl them the way you want.
When using the lash lift kit, the key to getting long natural lashes is to take your time and follow instructions to the letter. As mentioned, some of these errors can be easily corrected. The ones that do too much damage will only be fixed with time. The good news is that even if your lash lift goes wrong, it won’t do any lasting damage. You should not speed up the healing process using DIY hacks. Let the lashes air out for one month after you have used the cleanser once more.
Nicky Lashes has a lash perm kits available. Their Home Edition Kit offers an easy and safe method of getting beautiful lashes at home that last for 8 WEEKS.