Let’s move on from the past, and get in the new! Start the new year with more motivation, positivity, and some resolutions to make 2021 your year. To give you a head start and a sprinkle of inspiration, we’ve rounded up some of the best Happy New Year quotes to shout after the ball drops.
This year has been a stressful one — so whether you’re ringing in the new year with your other half or with close friends, we have all the best greetings, blessings and quotes to kiss 2020 goodbye and say “hello” to 2021!
Read More: happy new year quotes
Won’t be with a loved one this holiday season? Write any of these Happy New Year quotes on a greeting card to remind them that you’re thinking of them this new year! Are you unsure what to write on a Happy New Year greeting card? These Happy New Year wishes, greetings and quotes will inspire you.
Happy New Year Wishes & Greetings
See also: Quotes
If you’re wondering how to wish someone a Happy New Year, a great way to say it is with warm greetings and memorable sayings. Pick your favorite Happy New Year wishes to say to coworkers, neighbors or anyone you’d like to show you care.
- Happy New Year! Let’s toast to yesterday’s achievements and tomorrow’s bright future.
- Here’s to a happy new year!
- We wish you a happy new year to all who bring sunshine to your family.
- May 2021 be an amazing year!
- May you find inspiration to grow each day of the new Year!
- Let go of the past and embrace the future with optimism, dreams, ambition. A happy and joyful new year to you!
- Happy New Year! I hope all your dreams come true in 2021 — onwards and upwards!
- All the best for the New Year! You had an amazing year already and you’re going to have another more amazing one!
- Let this be the most fruitful year in our lives. All the best for the New Year!
- Let the New Year bring you new joys and peace. You too can experience warmth, happiness, and togetherness. Happy New Year!
- Best wishes and warmest regards for a happy new year. You are blessed with peace, love and prosperity.
- Let the new year bring you many new accomplishments. All your days will be filled with happiness and joy for you, your family, and friends.
Motivational New Year’s Resolution Quotes
What’s your resolution for 2021? Whether you seek a new challenge in your career, want to hit a new financial milestone or just want to get back on your fitness grind, we have some inspiring New Year’s resolution quotes that will fire you up.
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” – Hillary DePiano
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- “Congratulations! Today is your chance. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! Your brain is in your head. Your feet are in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” – Charles Kettering
- “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year.” – John R. Dallas Jr.
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals; adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
- “There is no failure except no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “You will never win if you never begin.” – Helen Rowland
- “I do not believe a man can ever leave his business. He ought to think of it by day and dream of it by night.” – Henry Ford
- “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” – Auliq Ice
- “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” – Melody Beattie
- “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? It is ultimately up to us to write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt
- “You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” – TheWizard of Oz
- “This is a new year. It is a new year. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
Funny Happy New Year Wishes & Quotes
If you’re known as the comedian in the friend group, try these funny Happy New Year wishes to share. Once you’ve got the whole group laughing, toast to another year of fond memories and fun!
- Here’s to a new year doing the same old habits.
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Last year’s resolution was to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. There are only 30 more pounds to go.
- Remember when we were young and wanted to stay up for New Year’s? Now we’re old and all we want to do is sleep.
- Many people look forward each year to a new beginning in their old routines.
- We wish you joy and happiness in the New Year.
- Happy New Year! Let’s eat, drink, and be merry — for tomorrow we diet!
- I wish you many joys this year. Happy New Year!
- This New Year may bring about real change and prevent you from reverting to old habits.
- I think I made too many New Year’s resolutions this year. I had to spend almost a whole day breaking them all.
- “An optimist stays up till midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – Bill Vaughn
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” – Joey Adams
- “First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average…which means, you have met your New Year’s resolution.” – Jay Leno
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
- “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
Happy New Year wishes to all my friends
Friendship is the best gift you can give a new year. As friends go and come, take time to reflect on the relationships that have stood the test of the years. These Happy New Year wishes are perfect for friends.
- Becoming your friend was the best thing I’ve done in the last year. I’d love to keep this friendship alive for the rest of my life!
- Every day is a new day. There are 365 more chances!
- This New Year, I wish for you happiness, laughter, and peace. Happy New Year!
- Since we’re going into a new year, I’d like to tell you all that it’s only because of you that I’m living my life to its fullest. I wish you all a Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year, dear friend. Don’t forget the past, learn from it and go out strong for your dreams and future. My best wishes for you.
- Friends can bring joy throughout the year. A friend like you makes the best friends! Happy New Year!
- The New Year is here. Let’s go forward and meet it together!
- “Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year everybody! “ – Phyllis McGinley
- “Tonight’s another chance to start again. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Another night like the other. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Let’s make it the best!” – Barry Manilow
- “A new year. It’s a fresh start. It’s like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities!” – Bill Watterson
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I don’t care if we have our house, or a cliff ledge, or a cardboard box. Home is wherever we all are, together.” – James Patterson
- “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
- “Let us be grateful for the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “Every day I feel it is a blessing from God. It is a new beginning for me. Everything is beautiful.” – Prince
Happy New Year wishes for your love
See also: 50 Quotes About Being Single & Proud
As a couple, NYE can be one of the most romantic celebrations because you’re toasting to spending the next chapter together. You can surprise your loved one by sending them a happy New Year blessing, or a letter that will make their day.
- Thank you for making last year so memorable. It is my greatest desire that the next year will be special for you.
- I cannot guarantee that this New Year will bring you all the joys and sorrows. I can promise to be there for your every need and to share them with you.
- I wish you a happy new year filled with opportunities and wonderful moments. My love, happy new year! Let’s have a great year ahead.
- Let’s make a vow that we will not let our love go, no matter what life throws at us. May our love prevail over all odds in this life. Happy New Year!
- My love for you will never change, even though years will pass. It will continue to grow for as long as there’s a tomorrow. Happy New Year!
- My heart is filled with joy and pleasure when I think about you. Each year I find myself falling more in love each year with you. This year is no exception. Happy New Year, my beloved!
- It was amazing to me how our love grows every year. I wish we could have a happy marriage year.
- Let all your troubles, failures, and sorrows be left behind as you move on to the next year. They should not be a hindrance to your happiness and laughter. My love, happy new year!
- Your love is the light which will shine brightly in my life this New Year.
- You have shown me love and support, and I want to be able give that back. That is my New Year’s resolution. Happy New Year!
Family New Year’s Greetings
If you’re celebrating the New Year with your family, wish each other or give a family member who lives far away a call ready with a warm wish for them on New Year’s Eve.
- It’s amazing to be part of a family that has so many beautiful people in it. I love you all. Happy New Year!
- I am so proud of you my little ones, here’s to another year of precious moments.
- The seasons change, the years pass but our family is stronger.
- My family has made my life so bright. I love to celebrate the new year with you all.
- Friends may come and go, but the family will stay forever. All the best for the new year!
- We may not always have it all, but I know we will always be there for one another. Here’s to another year and our wonderful family!
- We are fortunate to have one another, and I couldn’t be happier. We wish you success and good health in the new year.
- You will find happiness in the most beautiful season. We wish you a happy new year and send lots of love.
- Here’s to another year of laughs, memories and good food!
- We wish you happiness, love, and joy in the new year.
Saying “Happy New Year” in Different Languages
Use these Happy New Year wishes to send international friends or clients a happy new year.
- French – Bonne Année
- Spanish – ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
- Polish – Szczesliwego Nowego Roku
- Portuguese – Feliz Ano Novo
- Russian – S novym godom
- Hawaiin – Hauʻoli makahiki hou
- Icelandic – Gleðilegt nýtt ár
- Japanese – あけましておめでとう
- Mandarin – Xin Nian Kuai Le
- Turkish – Mutlu yıllar
- Czech – Sťastný nový rok
- Danish – Godt nytår
- Welsh – Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
- Italian – Buon anno
- German – Frohes Neues Jahr
- Dutch – Gelukkig Nieuwjaar
- Finnish – Hyvää uutta vuotta
- Norwegian – Godt nytt år
TheNew Year is a time for reflection on past achievements and to look forward to the future. With a greeting that expresses appreciation and welcomes the New Year, you can thank or gratify someone who has influenced you in 2020. Are you looking to do more than just celebrate New Year’s Eve? Give a New Year’s eve gift that is perfect for the occasion. You can also check out our stunning floral bouquets to wish your loved ones a Happy New Year.