GolfIt is an outdoor recreational sport that probably originated in Scotland in the 15th century.
Did you know that golf was first played on the moon by a male? Similar to that, you can use the humorous golf sayings to make a friend or meet a golfer.
Read More: funny golf quotes
A round of golf with friends is a relaxing way to spend a sunny afternoon. If a new player has joined, sharing funny golf quotes can help get the conversation started. GolfIt is popular in Ireland and Scotland but it is also very popular in the United States, particularly among Presidents. AGolfers can always win by knowing funny golf phrases.
Check out these humorous golf sayings and quotes. [funny football quotes]You can also find golf quotes to add a little humor to your game.
Funny Golf QuotesFor The Clubhouse
Are you up for making your friends laugh in a game of golf? These funny golf sayings are sure to make your friends laugh.
1. “I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone’s game: it’s called an eraser.”
‒ Arnold Palmer.
2. “The only sure rule in golf is he who has the fastest golf cart never has to play the bad lie.”
‒ Mickey Mantle.
3. “You don’t know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket.”
‒ Lee Trevino.
4. “The most important shot in golf is the next one.”
‒ Ben Hogan.
5. “They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken.”
‒ Raymond Flyod.
6. “I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.”
‒ Gerald Ford.
7. “As you walk down the fairway of life, you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.”
‒ Ben Hogan.
8. “But in the end it’s still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can’t shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you’ve missed the point.”
‒ Payne Stewart.
9. “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt.”
‒ Dean Martin.
10. “Actually, the only time I ever took out a one-iron was to kill a tarantula. And I took a 7 to do that.”
‒ Jim Murray.
11. “GolfThe infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.”
‒ P.G. Wodehouse
12. “The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.”
‒ Ernest Hemingway.
13. “Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants, today it’s open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.”
‒ Dave Berry, ‘Stay Fit And Healthy Until You’re Dead’.
14. “A great deal of unnecessarily bad golf is played in this world.”
‒ Harry Vardon, ‘Progressive Golf’.
15. “Golf has probably kept more people sane than psychiatrists have.”
‒ Harvey Penick.
16. “The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one – particularly if he plays golf, which he usually does.”
‒ Bertrand Russell.
17. “Relax? “Relax”: How can anyone relax while playing golf? You have to grip the club, don’t you?”
‒ Ben Hogan.
18. “The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism, disbelief – call it what you will – than any book ever written; it has emptied more churches than all the counter attractions of cinema, motor bicycle and golf course.”
‒ A. A. Milne, ‘Year In, Year Out’.
19. “Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.”
‒ Jack Benny.
20. “If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they’d starve to death.”
‒ Sam Snead.
21. “If you break 100, watch your golf. If you break 80, watch your business.”
‒ Joey Lauren Adams, ‘Strictly For Laughs’.
22. “TheGolfing with a man can reveal his true character. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.”
‒ P. G. Wodehouse.
23. “There is no such thing as natural touch. Touch is something you create by hitting millions of golf balls.”
‒ Lee Trevino.
24. “I’ve seen lifelong friends drift apart over golf just because one could play better, but the other counted better.”
‒ Stephen Leacock, ‘Leacock On Life’.
25. “A major golf tournament is 40,000 sadists watching 144 masochists.”
‒ Thomas Boswell.
26. ““If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play at it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s golf.”
‒ Bob Hope.
27. “I am past writing angst songs for kids. My angst is when I can’t get my Porsche roof up and when I can’t get my golf handicap down.”
‒ Alice Cooper.
28. “GolfIt’s like playing solitaire. When you cheat, you cheat only yourself.”
Useful for You: Warrior Quotes on Having an Unbeatable Mind
‒ Tony Lema, ‘Champagne Golf’.
29. “Ours is a youth culture, and like a golf tournament, we honor only low scores.”
‒ Bill Cosby.
30 “I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.”
‒ G. K. Chesterton.
QuotesAbout GolfFamous People
Famous quotes about golf open up the possibility of more conversation on the course. Here are some of the most funny and memorable quotes about golf.
31. “GolfIt is a game that mirrors real life. Golf is both a mystical journey of joy and sorrow and a physical journey of cause and effect.”
‒ Matthew E. Adams, ‘Fairways Of Life: GolfWisdom from The Legends’.
32. “A golf course is the epitome of all that is purely transitory in the universe; a space not to dwell in, but to get over as quickly as possible.”
‒ Jean Giraudoux, ‘TheDoctor In TheEnchanted A Comedy In Three Acts’.
33. “Don’t force your kids into sports. I have never been a golfer. To this day, I have never been asked by my dad to play golf. I ask him.”
‒ Tiger Woods.
34. “If you are caught in a storm and are afraid of lightning hold up a 1 iron. Even God can’t hit a 1 iron.”
‒ Lee Trevino.
35. “Golf without Jones would be like France without Paris: leaderless, lightless and lonely.”
‒ Herbert Warren Wind, ‘TheStory of American Golf: Its Champions And Championships’.
36. “I’m addicted. I’m addicted to golf.”
‒ Tiger Woods.
37. “May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.”
‒ Ben Hogan.
38 “If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.”
‒ Jack Lemmon.
39. “Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.”
‒ Winston S. Churchill.
40 “Golf is a good walk spoiled.”
‒ Mark Twain.
41 “Don’t play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.”
‒ Harry Vardon.
42. “GolfThis is a puzzle with no answer. I’ve played the game for 40 years and I still haven’t the slightest idea how to play.”
‒ Gary Player.
43 “While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.”
‒ Henny Youngman.
44. “The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.”
‒ Billy Graham, ‘QuotesFrom Billy Graham A Legacy Of Faith’.
45 “The main idea in golf as in life, I suppose is to learn to accept what cannot be altered…”
‒ Bobby Jones.
46 “It took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.”
‒ Hank Aaron.
47. “We learn so many things from golf: how to suffer, for instance.”
‒ Bruce Lansky.
48 “Never on any golf course have I been approached by a policeman who said, Lady, you can’t play with an ordinary golf ball. You’re movie star. You’ll have to use a coconut for a ball.”
‒ Irene Dunne, ‘How Do I Stay Normal In Hollywood’.
49. “Like one’s own children, golf has an uncanny way of endearing itself to us while at the same time evoking every weakness of mind and character, no matter how well hidden.”
‒ Timothy Gallwey.
50 “I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose.”
‒ Gerald R. Ford.
51 “In Hollywood, we have some of the richest unemployed people in the world. They are sun-tanned. Some have chauffeurs in Rolls-Royces outside. They always have their golf clubs with them. There is no law that says you cannot play golf while being unemployed.”
‒ Allan Sherman, ‘AGift of Laughter The Autobiography Of Allan Sherman’.
52 “Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: taking long walks and hitting things with a stick.”
‒ P.J. O’Rourke, ‘Modern Manners: An Etiquette Book For Rude People’.
53 “Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness.”
‒ William Wordsworth.
54 “The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody put a flagstick on top.”
‒ Pete Dye.
55 “I’m not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they’d come up sliced.”
‒ Lee Trevino.
56 “The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf – it’s almost a law.”
‒ H. G. Wells.
57 “You build a golf game like you build a wall, one brick at a time.”
‒ Tony Lema.
58. “I’d play every day if I could. It’s cheaper than a shrink and there are no telephones on my golf cart.”
‒ Brent Musburger.
59. “GolfTips are like aspirin. One may do you good, but if you swallow the whole bottle you will be lucky to survive.”
‒ Harvey Penick, ‘ThePlay A Lifetime: More Lessons And Teachings’.
60 “GolfIt has been so well-maintained, so perfect. TheThe fairways, greens. I don’t like golf carts. I prefer walking. Some clubs won’t let you in unless you have a caddy and a cart.”
‒ Robert Redford.
Best Hilarious QuotesAbout Golf
You want to be the best at saying funny golf words in golf courses or when catching up with the PGA Tour? This page will feature funny quotes about golf and other humorous words about the game.
61. “Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing. It’s something we were born with. Something that’s ours and ours alone. Something that can’t be taught to you or learned. Something that’s got to be remembered.”
‒ Bagger Vance, ‘The Legend Of Bagger Vance’.
62. “It’s alive, this swing, a living sculpture! The ball strikes the ball with charm, crisp contact all the way down. A tuning fork goes off in your heart and your balls.”
‒ Roy McAvoy, ‘Tin Cup’.
63. “GolfThis is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly 40 years to discover that I can’t play it.”
‒ Ted Ray.
64. “I can’t wait to be that age and hanging out with a bunch of people hanging out all day playing golf and going to the beach, all my own age. We would be having fun and laughing. Driving golf carts. I can’t wait.”
‒ Cameron Diaz.
65. “Instead of saving for someone else’s college education, I’m currently saving for a luxury retirement community replete with golf carts and handsome young male nurses who love butterscotch.”
‒ Jen Kirkman.
66. “As all souls are equal before their Maker, a two inch putt counts the same as a 250 yard drive. There is a comedy in this and a certain unfairness even, which makes golf an even apter mirror of reality.”
‒ John Updike, ‘More Matter: Essays and Criticism’.
67 “The reason a pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can’t see him laughing.”
‒ Phyllis Diller.
68 “I bought my first electric car in 1970. Its top speed was 15 mph and it had just a 15 mile range – it was essentially a golf cart with a windshield wiper and a horn.”
‒ Ed Begley. Jr.
69 “Golf is a worrier’s game, inward, concentrated, a matter of inches, invented by the same people who gave us Presbyterianism.”
‒ Robert Hass, ‘Twentieth Century Pleasures: Prose On Poetry’.
70 “GolfThis is: A plague invented by the Calvinistic Scots as a punishment for man’s sins.”
‒ James Barrett Reston.
71. “And the wind shall say: ‘Here were decent godless people:
Their only monument was the asphalt road
And a thousand lost golf balls.’”
‒ T. S. Eliot.
72 “Forget your opponents; always play against par.”
‒ Sam Snead.
73. “Golf camaraderie, like that of astronauts and Antarctic explorers, is based on a common experience of transcendence; fat or thin, scratch or duffer, we have been somerwhere together where non-golfers never go.”
‒ John Updike, ‘GolfDreams: Writings on Golf’.
74. “Consider the value of doing what you love and being paid for it! This is truly a golfer’s dream.”
‒ Lorii Myres.
75. “Golf sits in that beautiful junction between perfection and frustration.”
‒ Colleen Ferrary Bader.
76. “You ought to take more exercise, if you’re inclined to have a liver. Play golf.”
‒ Daphne du Maurier, ‘The Birds And Other Stories’.
77. “I never play golf because it takes too long, and the business connections it produces can be made just as easily over an early breakfast.”
‒ Eli Broad.
78. “The great thing about starting golf in your forties is that you can start golf in your forties.”
‒ P. J. O’Rourke.
79 “Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five.”
‒ John Updike.
80 “You have the opposite of poker face. You have like miniature golf face.”
‒ Elizabeth Gilbert.
81 “GolfMan should expect something from a woman. It makes it difficult to tolerate mediocrity. It seems to say, If you are going to keep company with me, don’t embarrass me.”
‒ Gary Player.
82. “Men who would face torture without a word become blasphemous at the short fourteenth. It is clear that the game of golf may well be included in that category of intolerable provocations which may legally excuse or mitigate behaviour not otherwise excusable.”
‒ A. P. Herbert
83. “Golf is a billion-dollar industry devoted entirely to hope.”
‒ Deepak Chopra, ‘Golf For Enlightenment: The Seven Lessons For The Game Of Life’.
84. “After years of patient study (and with cricket there can be no other kind), I have decided that there is nothing wrong with the game that the introduction of golf carts wouldn’t fix in a hurry.”
‒ Bill Bryson, ‘Down Under’.
85 “You know what the game of golf is, don’t you? It’s basketball for people who can’t jump and chess for people who can’t think.”
‒ Tom Robbins.
86 “I play golf with friends sometimes, but there are never friendly games.”
‒ Ben Hogan.
Kidadl has carefully crafted many family-friendly quotes to delight everyone. You might also like these funny quotes about golf.