Marriage is indeed something special, so when it comes to wedding anniversaries, it’s important that we commemorate them.
While finding unique anniversary gifts may be relatively easy, coming up with the right words to express how you feel about marriage, whether it be your marriage or someone else’s, can often be challenging.
Read More: funny anniversary quotes
Take a look at some of the most inspirational funny anniversary quotes that we’ve come up with. We’re here to help you celebrate a blessed union with a good old belly laugh…
Funny Anniversary Quotes
These funny anniversary quotes can be used to lighten up a speech or card you are writing about an anniversary.
- “99% of being married is just shouting ‘WHAT?’ from other rooms.” – Anonymous
- “It is remarkable how long we have tolerated each other for.” – Anonymous
- “Marriage: when dating goes too far.” – Anonymous
- “Sorry, no refunds! Happy anniversary!” – Anonymous
- “I’ll love you even when you’re old and wrinkly” – Anonymous
- “Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener” – Anonymous
- “I love you more than carbs but less than cheese!” – Anonymous
- “I love you. Thanks for killing all the spiders this year.” – Anonymous
- If love is an amazing dream, then marriage is the alarm clock.” – Anonymous
- “The four most important words in any marriage: I’ll do the dishes.” – Anonymous
- “On our anniversary, let’s celebrate being one year closer to death do us part.” – Anonymous
- “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage.” – Katherine Hepburn.
Funny AnniversaryWishes for Husbands
This list contains funny quotes that will make your husband laugh.
- “I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They have experienced pain and bought jewellery.” – Rita Rudner
- “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you are looking for, go and live with a car battery.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Marriage is basically just whispering, ‘Are you awake? I need to show you this cat video.’” – Anonymous
- “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
- “Unless you want to forget about your marriage, it’s a good idea to remember your anniversary.” – Melanie White
- “Drug stores understand life. That’s why the anniversary cards and sympathy cards are right next to each other.” – Anonymous
- “Some people ask the secret to our long marriage. We go out to dinner twice a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing… she goes on Tuesdays, I go on Fridays.” – Henry Youngman
- “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else.” – Jean Kerr
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
- “Marriage is a lot like the army. Everyone complains, but you’d be surprised at the large number that re-enlists.” – James Garner
- “If we take matrimony at its lowest, we regard it as a sort of friendship recognised by the police.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Happy anniversary! I want to spend the rest of my money with you.” – Anonymous Here’s to another year of loving, laughing and putting up with each other’s mothers! Happy anniversary, my sweet husband. You are my darling husband.
Funny AnniversaryWishes for your Wife
It can be difficult to find the right mix of funny anniversary quotes and jokes for your wife. We have the perfect solution for you: our list of funny anniversary wishes to your wife.
- “Happy anniversary from the best thing that ever happened to you.” – Anonymous
- “I love waking up next to you in the morning. Just don’t breathe on me.” – Anonymous
- “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. All who sing find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato. Although we may not all sing in tune, I wouldn’t trade the music we create for anything. Happy anniversary!
- “Let’s celebrate the day you gave up on finding anyone better than me. Happy anniversary!” – Anonymous
- “Marriage is like vitamins; we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements.” – Anonymous. Happy anniversary, my love!
- “You are the seat belt in the roller coaster of my life.” – Anonymous. You have been there for me every step of the way, through all the challenges and joys of my life. You are very special to me. Happy anniversary!
- “I was thinking of going to the bakery, but I already have the sweetest thing in the world at home.” – Anonymous. My sweetest love, happy anniversary.
- “Marriage is a circus.” – Anonymous. You are my favorite clown. My love, happy anniversary!
- “My husband said he needed some space – so I locked him outside!” – Anonymous. You are so kind to not lock me out. You are my beloved. Happy anniversary.
- “In my house, I am the boss. My wife is just the decision maker.” – Woody Allen. We are grateful for your best decisions. Happy anniversary, my love!
Funny AnniversaryWishes for Parents
Many of us remember our parents being the first to show love. Each anniversary becomes more important and inspiring as their love continues growing and changing over the years.
It can be difficult to find the right words to send them a happy anniversary. But don’t worry. We’ve compiled a list with funny anniversary quotes to help parents make the occasion more special.
- “Your relationship taught me how to trust, how to love and how to take care of the people around me. It taught me how perseverance and courage were key to my success in difficult situations. Your marriage taught me the meaning of true love.” – Anonymous. We are grateful for all you do to us, no matter what age. Happy anniversary to my parents.
- “Love is a battlefield.” – Pat Benatar. Keep fighting! Happy anniversary to my sweet parents
- “Being married is like having a best friend who doesn’t remember a single thing that you say.” – Anonymous. Happy anniversary to you. Watching you as each other’s best friends has taught us all so much about love, patience and kindness. We love you!
- “Never laugh at your wife’s choices. You are one of them.” – Anonymous. We thank you for being there for us and teaching us how love is. Happy anniversary! Here’s to another year of fun and laughter.
- “I couldn’t imagine where I’d be without the two of you – literally!” – Anonymous. My amazing and wonderful parents wish me the happiest of anniversaries. Here’s to many more years of happiness, joy and laughter.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller. Happy anniversary to you both. We are grateful for all the beautiful and best things you have shared with us.
- “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you are welcome at this table.’ – Tom Hanks. We appreciate you showing us how we can welcome others to our table. Happy anniversary mom and dad
- “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban. Mom and dad, happy anniversary! We are grateful for all you do for us, and we thank you for inspiring us each day.
- “You make it look so easy annoying someone for eternity!” – Anonymous. Happy anniversary mom and dad We wish you all the best for the next year.
- “Marriage makes you crazy.” – Anonymous. Your two insane parents are absolutely crazy! Happy anniversary to my parents! The coming year will bring you laughter, joy, and happiness. You are my rock and I love you beyond measure.
- “The longer two people stay together, the more they look like each other.” – Anonymous. Hopefully mom won’t grow a matching beard, dad. Happy anniversary to your two best friends. We are so inspired by you!
- “They say marriage makes you live longer – this must be true, because you two have been married for eternity. Here’s to forever, mom and dad! Happy anniversary!”
It’s not easy to find the perfect wishes and quotes for anniversaries. But, it is worth it!
It’s easy to make the day funny by adding a joke. It will make the special couple’s day all the more memorable and will give them something to have a giggle at for years to come!
Useful for You: Kevin Gates Quotes and Lyrics on Life and Success