Appreciating all the positive things in your life is a trend that’s always in style.
You can have a positive outlook on life and be grateful for your friends and family.
Read More: friendship gratitude quotes
All of us want to be valued, but do we also need to show our appreciation in return for that?
This is a crucial part of our relationships with others and in understanding what they mean to us or how we feel about them.
These gratitude quotes about appreciation will encourage you to show your appreciation for others and to identify what we are lacking in our lives.
These quotes will inspire you to be grateful for your family, friends, love, and life.
Here is our collection of wise, thoughtful, and inspirational gratitude quotes, sayings, and proverbs. They were gathered from many sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read our list of appreciation quotes that will remind you to always give thanks.
Gratitude QuotesAbout Life
These are some quotes of gratitude that will inspire you.
1. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
2. “Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.” ― W.H. Auden, The Dyer’s Hand
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ― Oprah Winfrey
4. “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.” ― Paulo Coelho,Veronika Chooses to Die
5. “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” ― Oscar WildeThe Picture of Dorian Gray
6. “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Inspiration can be called Inspiration by some, but they really mean Fuel. I have always had to have Fuel. I am a serious buyer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
7. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, Truth, and Being Free
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
8. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” ― Mark Twain
9. “Forget yesterday – it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow – you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift – today.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, Truth, and Being Free
10. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!” ― Mae West
These grateful quotes will help you see the bigger picture.
Inspirational Gratitude quotes about friends
11. “What I’m not sure about, is if our lives have been so different from the lives of the people we save. All of us complete. Maybe none of us really understand what we’ve lived through, or feel we’ve had enough time.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
12. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love — then make that day count!” ― Steve Maraboli, Life and Truth.
13. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. TRUST. LOVE. WISH. WISH. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Living a Full Life Love… and a dash of Sass
14. “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it. People believe pleasing God is all God really cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” ― Alice WalkerThe Color Purple
15. “My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.” [The Science of Second-Guessing (New York Times Magazine Interview, December 12, 2004)]” ―Stephen Hawking
16. “LoveIt is composed of three inextricable properties:
The triangle will crumble if you remove any of the three. This is a highly undesirable move.
Think about it — do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions? So, for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole.” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
17. “It’s funny how, in this journey of life, even though we may begin at different times and places, our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is a design of God that I appreciate and cherish.” ― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections about Life and the Human Experience
18. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes gain.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
19. “It’s funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to take it for granted? It’s like they think it won’t ever change. Like this house. All it ever needed was a little attention, and it would never have ended up like this in the first place.” ― Nicholas SparksThe Wedding
20. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “This place was truly the highest and the lowest of all worlds – the most beautiful senses, the most exquisite emotions…the most malevolent desires, the darkest deeds. Maybe it was intended to be this way. Perhaps without the lows, the highs could not be reached.” ― Stephenie MeyerThe Host
Don’t forget to also read these thankful quotes that will change your perspective.
Gratitude QuotesHow to appreciate our lives
22. “Just an observation: it is impossible to be both grateful and depressed. Those who are grateful tend to see the meaning in the chaos. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being FreeIf you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
23. “In societies where men are truly confident of their own worth, women are not merely tolerated but valued.”(From a speech read on video on August 31, 1995 before the NGO Forum on Women, Beijing, China)” ― Aung San Suu Kyi
24. “Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr., Life’s Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life
25. “The problem that we have with a victim mentality is that we forget to see the blessings of the day. Because of this, our spirit is poisoned instead of nourished.” ― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections about Life and the Human Experience
26. “Every one of my fans is so special to me.” ― Justin Bieber, 2nd Step for Ever
27. “Be happy with who you are and what you do, and you can do anything you want.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, Truth, and Being Free
28. “If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. The starvation that comes with sadness and desperation is what makes us hungry for simple pleasures in life. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.” ― Anthon St. MaartenDivine Living: Your Ultimate Guide to Your True Destiny
29. “Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” ― Steve MaraboliLife, Truth, and Being Free
Don’t forget to also read these powerful grateful quotes that will transform your perspective.
GratitudeQuotes about being grateful
These gratitude quotes can inspire you to be grateful.
30. “Ten long trips around the sun since I last saw that smile, but only joy and thankfulness that on a tiny world in the vastness, for a couple of moments in the immensity of time, we were one.” ― Ann Druyan
31. “You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.” ― Criss JamiKillosophy
32 “Life is not made up of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years, but of moments. You must experience each one before you can appreciate it.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
33. “We can’t undo a single thing we have ever done, but we can make decisions today that propel us to the life we want and towards the healing we need.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
34. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” ― Elbert Hubbard
35. “A very small percentage of the people in this world will actually experience and live today. So many people will be stuck on another day, another time that traumatized them and caused them to spiritually stutter so they miss out on this day.” ― Steve Maraboli
36. “Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “The difference between appreciation and flattery? This is easy. The one is sincere, the other insincere. One is from the heart, the other comes from the teeth.
One is selfish; the other selfless. One is universally admired; the other universally condemned.” ― Dale Carnegie,How to Win FriendsInfluence People
38. “Finding happiness should not be seen as finding a needle in a haystack. Happiness is found within. Every day brings happiness. Therefore, finding happiness should be like finding a gift in a stack of gifts.” ― Steve Maraboli,Life, Truth and Freedom
39. “A grateful mindset can set you free from the prison of disempowerment and the shackles of misery.” ― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections about Life and the Human Experience
40 “The creative act is not performed by the artist alone; the spectator brings the work in contact with the external world by deciphering and interpreting its inner qualifications and thus adds his contribution to the creative act.” ― Marcel Duchamp
Motivational Gratitude QuotesFor Love and Life
41. “Sometimes we fight who we are, struggling against ourselves and our natures. We must accept ourselves and be proud of who we are. We must love ourselves for what and who we are, and believe in our talents.” ―Harley King
42. “Connecting with those you know you love, like and appreciate you restore the spirit and give you the energy to keep moving forward in this life.” ― Deborah DayBe Happy Now!
43 “Now and then, however, he is horribly thoughtless and seems to take a real delight in giving me pain. Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer’s day.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
44 “For the yesterdays and today’s, and the tomorrows I can hardly wait for – Thank you.” ―Cecelia AnhernThe Book of Tomorrow
45 “The honey doesn’t taste so good once it is being eaten; the goal doesn’t mean so much once it is reached; the reward is no so rewarding once it has been given. If we add up all the rewards in our lives, we won’t have very much.
But if we add up the spaces *between* the rewards, we’ll come up with quite a bit. And if we add up the rewards *and* the spaces, then we’ll have everything – every minute of the time that we spent.” ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh
46 “Not having money to spend doesn’t mean we can’t have well-spent moments every day.” ― Sarah Ban BreathnachFinancial Serenity: Peace, Plenty and Peace
47 “In prison, I fell in love with my country. While I had always loved her, it was not the same as when I was young. My affection was more like a mere appreciation of the American privileges and comforts.
It wasn’t until I had lost America for a time that I realized how much I loved her. ” ― John McCain, Faith of My Fathers: A Family MemoirIf you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of John McCain quotes about character, America and more.
48 “Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world. Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,Smile! QuotesDaily Grumblings, Verse, or Poetry for Every Day of The Year
49. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis WaitleyIf you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
50 “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
51 “GratitudeThe best emotion in the human body is gratitude. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” —Zig Ziglar
52 “Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. This one is something I repeat often. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” —Alice Walker
53 “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. GratitudeThe culmination of thankfulness is gratitude. It is possible to express gratitude with only words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
54 “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
55 “GratitudeIt unlocks the fullness and potential of life. It transforms what we have into enough and more. It can transform denial into acceptance, chaos and order into order, confusion and clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody BeattieIf you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
56 Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice. – Joseph B. Wirthlin
57 “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” — William Arthur Ward
58 “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” — Charles Schwab
Quotes about gratitude and attitude
59. “GratitudeWealth is wealth. Complaint is poverty.” ―DorisDay
60 “Appreciation can make a day—even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” ―Margaret Cousins
61 “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” ―Ralph H. Blum
62. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
63. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
64 “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” ― Voltaire
65 “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
Some other quotes and sayings of inspiration about gratitude
These are more inspiring gratitude quotes.
66 “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop(c.620-560 BC).
67. “Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get.” – Spanish Proverb
68 “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” – Stephen Richards
69. “Every morning, I wake up and think about 10 different things I’m thankful for, and I continue to spread that love throughout the day, always visualizing, meditating, and growing.” – Shameik Moore
70 “When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.” – Elie Wiesel
71. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
72 “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.” – Zig Ziglar
Here are more gratitude sayings and quotes
74. “Be mindful. “Be mindful. Positive thinking is a good thing. Be real. Be kind.” – Roy T. Bennett
75. “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
76. “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett
77. “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
78. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
79. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
80 “True forgiveness is when you can say, Thank you for that experience.” – Oprah Winfrey
81. “Always remember people who have helped you along the way, and don’t forget to lift someone up.” – Roy T. Bennett
82. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
83. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
What was your favorite gratitude quote? What other gratitude quotes would your add to the list of?
Do they inspire you to be thankful?
Don’t wait until the last minute to say how grateful you are for something.
If you can’t say it, let these gratitude quotes and messages do it for you. Choose one or more of these gratitude messages and let the rest of the world know how grateful you are.
Which one of these quotes about gratitude resonated the most with you? Are there any other inspiring quotes you would like to add? Leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts.
Useful for You: Short Inspirational Quotes to Fuel Your Day