If given a chance to name anything or someone, what direction will you take? You would probably look for a meaningful one, presumably related to your unique circumstances at the time of naming. If you are fascinated by magic and wonder about the existence of something beyond normal comprehension, then trying out the fantasy world is a great idea. What female wizard names will you apply to your character? A great name is memorable, choose the perfect fantasy world name and make it exciting.
Remember that a great name sticks and gives a great feel to a person or a place. In the fantasy world, names make things fun, and they are like glue between the story and the world.
Read More: female mage names
That is why you ought to choose remarkable female sorcerer names that have substance. Imagine having a name that no one else ever thought about? It’s a great way to create a unique identity.
Unique female wizard names for your fantasy world
Maybe you are looking for the funniest wizard and witch names. You do not need a magic ball or a third eye, as there are numerous names you can settle on if you look in the right places. You have the option to choose from any of the options below. You will find them cool and exciting.
- Agnes is a name that means pure and holy.
- Alice: The name Alice means noble.
- Alison is the name of Alice’s son.
- Angela is an angel.
- Bessie is a symbol of the oath taken before God.
- Cassandra: exotic name meaning prophetess.
- Circe is a bird.
- Evanora: This word is from Hebrew and it means life.
- Glinda is a common name in Europe and America and it means fair or good.
- Gwen is a healer, or herbalist.
- Jadis: means gorgeous little girl.
- Joan: is linked to Joan Peterson, that was a healer of medieval times.
- Laurie is a baby Laurel.
- Leanne is a wood dweller.
- Lacosta: The literary name of the northern’s “Wizard of Oz” good witch.
- Maleficent means prone towards evil.
- Margaret is a name that means pearl.
- Margery: means pearl.
- Mary: Denotes bitterness.
- Madea is a traditional Greek name that means middle.
- Minerva is the name of the mind.
- Moll: A pet form of Mary’s name Mary, meaning bitter.
- Morgan: Welsh name for a sea or circle.
- Phoebe is a fictional name that means radiant or shining one.
- Rita means pearl.
- Tamsin: An unusual name, Tamsin, is associated with TamsinBlight, an esteemed witches from England.
- Theodora means the gift from God.
- Ursula is a connection to some of the most bizarre-looking witches ever.
Cool female wizard names
See also: The 50 Greatest Lures of All Time
Many writers would agree that the hardest thing to come up with is a good, believable name for their characters. The same applies when looking for good female wizard names. There is no straightforward formula for creating a name but working with the ideas you have.
Even though notable female wizard names are rare jewels, you can easily access cool ones for your character.
- Alcina: A Greek sorceress, and the title character in an opera by Handel.
- Baymorda means imaginative.
- Circe: according to Greek legend, she was a sorceress that concerted humans into wolves, lions, and swine with drugs.
- Cassandra, Princess of Troy, Greek methodology.
- Diana is the queen of witches.
- Hazel: symbolizes fertility.
- Hecate means universal keeper for keys.
- Jasmine: An aromatic flower with a magical scent, it is of Arabic origin.
- Jinx: symbolizes terrible luck.
- Phoebe is a Greek mythological titan.
- Rowena means joy or fame.
- Sylvia is the spirit of wood.
- Selene: One of the three tri goddesses. Hecate, Diana and Selene are the others.
- Sidney, Dinosyus’s servant according to Greek methodology.
- Sophia: The feminine aspect of God.
- Titania is the great one.
- Vesta means to live or stay.
- Agate: This is a good woman.
- Allegra is an Italian word that means happy, joyful, or lively.
- Andromeda: The daughter of Zeus, in Greek methodology transformed into an constellation.
- Ariadne: means most holy.
- Astra: The star.
- Alcina is a Greek sorceress, who governs over magical islands.
- Asterope is a Greek word that means starry-face. However, its idiomatic meaning refers to lightning.
- Beatrix: means blessed.
Female warlock names
Enchanting, downright captivating female warlock names are what you need to make your characters enjoyable. If you are wondering where to start, you ought to utilize the following names in your fiction.
- Belinda means beautiful snake.
- Celeste is Latin for “heavenly”.
- Cerys, which is Welsh and means love, is of Welsh descent.
- Charlotte: female derivative of the name Charles.
- Clementine is a French and Latin word that means gentle and merciful.
- Dahlia: means Dahl’s flower.
- Edith: Means prosperous in war.
- Elizabeth is a Hebrew name that translates to “pledged to God”.
- Elsie is a Scottish name that means “pleaded to God”.
- Ginevra means white shadow, or white wave.
- Gwendolyn is a white ring.
- Hazel: associated with the plant called hazel that possesses medicinal properties.
- Hilda is German for battle woman.
- Sabrina is a common name for white roses in Western European cultures.
- Selene: means moon goddess.
- Selma is a godly helmet.
- Vera is a Greek word that means faith or verity.
- Willow: A species of tree that is associated with elegance or grace.
- Zelda is a German name that means gray fighting maid.
- Poppy is a red flower.
- Ophelia is a Greek word that means help.
- Ondine: According to legend, she was a spirit who walked on water.
- Matilda: means battle-mighty.
- Hecate: name of a mythological goddess that ruled over magic, moon, night, witchcraft, necromancy, and ghosts.
Cute wizard girl names
Maybe you are not interested in fierce female wizard names and are looking for something cute. When it comes to deciding the ultimate wizard girl names, it is just as much about the name as it is about the story behind it. Therefore, make sure you settle on the most idealistic witch names for girls for your character.
- Flora: means flowers.
- Gaia means goddess of earth.
- Selene: The goddess of the moon.
- Raven: is an English name for a crow.
- Agate: refers to a good woman.
- Aurelia means “the golden one”.
- Asterope means starry-face.
- Beatrix is a woman who brings joy or blessing.
- Bessie means to swear allegiance to God.
- Belinda: A snake is used to signify wisdom and immortality.
- Bridget: The heavenly one.
- Cerys: means love.
- Elsie: is a pledge to God.
- Evanora is Hebrew for life.
- Glinda is a Hebrew word that means fair or well.
- Mira: means admirable, peaceful, world or female ruler.
- Nora: means light.
- Rowena is a synonym for joy or fame.
- Tasmin means twin, associated with one the witches from England Tasmin blight.
- Zelda is a gray-clad fighting maid.
Evil witch names for your fantasy character
If you are bored by the simple and nice witch and wizard names and are looking for something evil and a great representation of the common perception, you are in luck. You can access a massive collection of such names that are a perfect representation of your fantasy character and brings out what you desire.
- Bellatrix: A very evil character in Harry Potter.
- Melisandre: typical evil figure in modern literature.
- Cerridwen: means Welsh enchantress.
- Cordelia: is the jewel of the ocean.
- Lilith: Adam’s first wife and often associated with goddesses and night demons.
- Strega: Italian name for a witch.
Useful for You: 441 Good, Baby And Cute Pet Penguin Names
Among the above female wizard names, which one do you find appropriate for your fantasy character? Perhaps you prefer going for evil ones to give your character ideal spookiness and create respect. Or maybe you like a firm name that comes out warrior-like.
You can choose the one that you like best. After all, that is the fun of playing fantasy games; you get to name your characters however you like.
Are you looking for fearless names for boys and girls? thegoneapp.com featured an exciting piece about fearless names that you can give your newborn. It is integral that you give your child a meaningful name rather than going for one that crosses your mind.
With a comprehensive list of names and their meanings, you can find a fearless name, either masculine or feminine, to give your child. They might live up to their identity.
Source: Yen Newspaper
Reading: Τhe 72 Best Egyptian Baby Girl Names