“Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” – Serena Williams
This collection contains motivational quotes by female athletes is part of our ongoing series dedicated to elevating the potential of today’s youth.
We are committed to the development and success of female athletes as providers of gymnastics class management software and figure skating class management software. When we set out looking for the best inspirational quotes, it was because we believed that they were.
b yFemale athletes were also included in our study of the history and development of women’s sports. We found a trailblazer by the world’s greatest female athletes, from 1900 to current day.
Skip to Best QuotesFor Female Athletes
International sport has been a part of women’s lives since the first modern Olympic games, which took place in 1900. However, participation in sport by women has been much lower than that of men. For example, 12 out of the 1066 Olympic athletes who participated in those 1900 games were women.
It wasn’t until recently, at the London 2012 games, that women participated in an equal amount of Olympic events as men. And it’s taken a lot of effort to get to this level of parity.
It’s taken numerous laws, governing bodies, and working groups to enable greater female participation in sports. Title IX in the United States was established in 1974 to ensure equal federal funding for male- and female sports. Internationally the International Working Group on Women and Sport (IWGWS) was created in 1994 to empower women and build a sustainable sport culture that is gender equal.
The Rise of Dominant Female Athletes
Gender Inequality in Sports: We’ve written about it before, so we know how much work remains. We are in a much better place today than we were ten years ago. Every child can be inspired today. byFemale athletes are role models for others on the international stage.
If you Google “best athletes of all time” one of the first faces you’ll see is Serena Williams, and she’s not alone. Williams is joined by female athletes like Martina Navratilova (Martina Navratilova), Babe Didrikson Zaharias (Babe Didrikson Zaharias), and Jackie Joyner Kersee.
Many female athletes in Canada have made a name for themselves, including Clara Hughes and Hayley Wicken heiser, Christine Sinclair and Tessa Virtue. Female athletes have bright prospects.
Are you a parent or coach looking to inspire the next generation in women’s sports?
We’ve collected 61Here are some of the most inspirational quotes from women who have dominated their sport. We hope you’ll use them to foster the growth of tomorrow’s dominant female athletes.
Best Quotes by Female Athletes Who want to improve?
1) “You should never stay at the same level. Always push yourself to the next.” – Marnelle Damson
2) “There’s no substitute for hard work. If you work hard and prepare yourself, you might get beat, but you’ll never lose.” – Nancy Lieberman
3) “They say discipline and dedication and respect are the key factors, but patience is a virtue that is absolutely essential!” – Ria Romaine
4) “There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one.” – Mia Hamm
5) “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
6) “There is always going to be a reason why you can’t do something; your job is to constantly look for the reasons why you can achieve your dreams.” – Shannon Miller
7) “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
8) “You make your own luck. You make it in training.” – Simone Biles
9) “If you think you’re done, you always have at least 40 percent more.” – Lauren Crandall
10) “Erase the world “failure” from your vocabulary. No case is ever truly closed, and no challenge is ever over.” – Mary Lou Raton
11) “Many times, I had to dig deep and perform. All of that adversity helped me and drove me to want to be the best.” – Hayley Wickenheiser
12) “Set realistic goals, keep re-evaluating, and be consistent.” – Venus Williams
13) “If you care about the people you work with then you work harder.” – Kristine Lilly
14) “I always try to start out with some type of goal. Then I work backward and think of what I need to do to get there, and give myself smaller goals that are more immediate.” – Kristi Yamaguchi
15) “We can push ourselves further. We always have more to give.” – Simone Biles
16) “No matter what the competition is, I try to find a goal that day and better that goal.” – Bonnie Blair
17) “I believe in the impossible because no one else does.” – Florence Griffith Joyner
18) “You can’t always be the best. You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes sometimes.” – Aly Raisman
19) “Continuous effort — not strength or intelligence — is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Liane Cardes
20) “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” – Serena Williams
Motivational Quotes by Female Athletes with A Champion’s Mindset
21) “The greatest asset is a strong mind. If I know someone is training harder than I am, I have no excuses.” – P.V. Sindhu
22) “Passion first and everything will fall into place.” – Holly Holm
23) “Once you give them the power to tell you you’re great, you’ve also given them the power to tell you you’re unworthy. Once you start caring about people’s opinions of you, you give up control.” – Ronda Rousey
24) “Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” – Mia Hamm
25) “The ability to conquer one’s self is no doubt the most precious of all things that sports bestows.” – Olga Korbut
26) “If you persevere long enough, if you do the right things long enough, the right things will happen.” – Manon Reaume
27) “The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
28) “As much time as you put into it, that’s what your achievements are going to be when you come out of it.” – Mary Lou Raton
29) “I know how to smile, I know how to laugh, I know how to play. But I know how to do these things only after I have fulfilled my mission.” – Nadia Comaneci
30) “Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… play for her.” – Mia Hamm
31) “You control your own wins and losses.” – Maria Sharapova
32) “It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline.” – Wilma Rudolph
33) “You’ve got to be confident when you’re competing. You’ve got to be a beast.” – Gabby Douglas
34) “If you want to achieve something in life, you have to take risks.” – Dipak Carmaker
35) “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
36) “Take those chances and you can achieve greatness, whereas if you go conservative, you’ll never know. I truly believe what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Even if you fail, learning and moving on is sometimes the best thing.” – Danica Patrick
Quotes Sporting Women: What is their determination?
37) “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.” – Nadia Comaneci
38) “The only one who can tell you “you can’t win” is you and you don’t have to listen.” – Jessica Ennis
39) “People would say, ‘Girls don’t play hockey. Girls don’t skate.’ I would say, ‘Watch this.’” – Hayley Wickenheiser
40) “All the physical comes from the mental.” – Clara Hughes
41) “Without goals, training has no direction.” – Natalie Coughlin
42) “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.” – Simone Biles
43) “Success in life comes to those who simply refuse to give up; individuals with vision so strong that obstacles, failure and loss only act as teachings.” – Silken Layman
44) “Rather than focusing on the obstacle in your path, focus on the bridge over the obstacle.” – Mary Lou Retton
45) “We all have obstacles. The feeling of satisfaction is by overcoming something.” – Marta
46) “You never know if you can actually do something against all odds until you actually do it.” – Abby Wambach
47) “I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down.” – Mia Hamm
48) “I’m very task-oriented. The idea of constantly pursuing something with purpose helps me to stay focused.” – Tessa Virtue
49) “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. You realize how good a day is when you have to go through the bad days. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment!” – Aly Reisman
50) “Don’t let people tell you that you can’t do something.” – Laurie Hernandez
51) “I really think a champion is defined not by Their but by how they can recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams
52) “I always want to give more than I gave yesterday.” – Allyson Felix
Female Athlete Quotes The Perspective
53) “A failure isn’t a failure if it prepares you for success tomorrow.” – Lolo Jones
54) “I do my best, and that’s all I can do.” – Caroline Woznick
55) “I push myself to be the best I can be. I don’t worry about what other people are doing, and I don’t think about things I can’t control.” – Annika Sorenstam
56) “You face adversity all the time. I accept the challenges ahead of me and do my best to make it work. You can’t take things too seriously, and you can’t use things as an excuse or you’ll never get through.” – Kristine Lilly
57) “Being nervous is not something you should be ashamed of. Nervous means you care, you really want to do well.” – Paula Creamer
58) “Without your downs, without your hardships, I don’t think you appreciate the ups as much.” – Michelle Wii
59) “We’re all different, so even though someone is getting a skill before you, it doesn’t mean that you’re not good enough; it just means you have to wait a little bit, and the skill will come when it comes.” – Laurie Hernandez
60) “The ultimate goal should be doing your best and enjoying it.” – Peggy Fleming
61) “The goal is to keep having fun. Not let that pressure get to me and still be Missy.” – Missy Franklin
Elevating Female Athletes
Uplifted believes in empowerment Everywhere All athletes, regardless of their gender. This is what we do by Supporting coaches and administrators through automated club management software. In fact, one our most recent software enhancements was the addition of customizable genders to allow clubs to be more LGTBQI2S inclusive. Through automation, we save time for administrative teams and allow coaches to more easily track an individual athlete’s progress, class-over-class, year-over-year. These time-savings and improvements result in more time for athletes and coaches to improve their performance.