Prayer is essential to every Christian’s life, especially those who are raising families. While the Bible does not explicitly use the term “family prayer”, it contains truth that is relevant nonetheless. These are some great family prayer quotes we can find in the Word of God.
- Philippians 4:6: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
- 1 Timothy 3:5: “For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church?”
- James 5:16: “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”
- Proverbs 22:6: “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17: “Pray without ceasing.”
- 1 Corinthians 11:3: “But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.”
- James 1:5: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
Although these scripture quotes may not address family prayer, they do mention the importance of praying together. However, there are many people who can attest to the importance of family prayer in this day and age.
These family prayer words are from well-known individuals
- “True prayer is a way of life, not just for use in cases of emergency. Make it a habit, and when the need arises you will be in practice.” – Billy Graham
- “Let us love one another as God loves each one of us. Where does this love start? It begins in our home. It all starts at home. By praying together.” – Mother Teresa
- “Family prayer is the greatest deterrent to sin, and hence the most beneficent provider of joy and happiness. The old saying is yet true: ‘The family that prays together stays together.’” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Nothing is more vital than prayer in Christian existence, and few things are more vulnerable to neglect.” – John Piper
- “May each family rediscover family prayer, which helps to bring about mutual understanding and forgiveness.” – Pope Francis
- “Prayer does change things, all kinds of things. But the most important thing it changes is us.” – R.C. Sproul
- “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” – Martin Luther
- “There is nothing more important than parents passing on a generational legacy of faith and values to their children.” – James Dobson
What does all this family prayer sayings have to say about our lives? Is family prayer actually what it is all about? Family prayer is, at its core, about finding time in your week to pray together. This may seem like an insignificant habit, but it can transform how you live and work together as a family.
Before we can look at the benefits of family prayer, let’s first examine what it doesn’t do. Family prayer does nothing to make God more loved. However, it does not guarantee your family will be spared from suffering. And most notably, it does not even make us “good people.” The function of prayer in the family is so much more. Family prayer helps us to love God more. It allows us to speak to our Creator, to reflect upon His goodness, and to intentionally seek time with him.
This is why it’s so wonderful that we can all do it together. God created the family. The family is a God-ordained, unique institution like no other. So family prayer eventually connects us to God as well as to one another. God is glorified whenever a family unites through a shared love of Jesus Christ.
If you don’t believe that family prayer is a habit in your home, why not start it? To point your children in Christ’s direction, be a role model for them and maybe even your spouse. No amount of time you spend in God’s presence is ever wasted. You and your family will be more than grateful if you begin making small sacrifices right away. But family prayer should not be done to win admiration from others but to please God. He hears every call from those who love Him.
Q: What are some family prayer quotes?
A: Some family prayer quotes are:
“The family that prays together stays together.”
“Prayer is the glue that holds a family together.”
“God, thank you for this family. Bless us and guide us. Protect us and provide for us. Unite us and heal us. Strengthen us and inspire us. Amen.”
Q: How do I write a family prayer message?
A: Start with a respectful and reverent address to God, such as “Dear Lord” or “Heavenly Father”.
Thank God for your family and the blessings He has given you, such as “We are grateful for our family and the love we share” or “We praise you for the gift of our family and the grace you have shown us”.
Ask God for His guidance, protection, provision, and favor for your family, such as “We ask you to lead us in your ways, to shield us from harm, to supply our needs, and to favor us with your presence” or “We pray that you would direct our steps, guard our hearts, meet our desires, and bless us with your peace”.
Q: Where can I find more family prayer quotes?
A: You can find more family prayer quotes by searching the web using keywords like “family prayer quotes”, “prayers for family”, or “family prayer messages”.
Also, read: PRAYERFOR PEACE IN THE FAMILY