Dogs are a furry friend to most people, and their loyalty is what makes them the most beloved.
Dogs are an important part of our lives. They bring us joy in so many ways. It can be devastating to lose a dog.
Read More: dog memorial quotes
Dogs are thought to be our best friends. Therefore, the loss of a pet is devastating. There are many wonderful memories people can share with their dogs. DogMemorials that often include words like “my best friend” are meant to be uplifting and honor the memory of a friend who has passed. There is no better feeling than losing a pet. To honor and reminisce about a pet, a pet memorial is inscribed or written on a stone or pet urn. Here are some words to use on a pet memorial.
You will love the quotes and quotes about animal rescue, as well as animal lovers.
Dog MemorialPoems Quotes
These are quotes taken from poems meant to offer comfort to those who are grieving.
1. “At last, I see your face again,”
Don’t grieve, I’m in a better place.”
– Carol Walker, ‘Golden Eyes’.
2. Losing a dog can leave a deep wound in your heart.
Just wait for your life and it will start over.
– Glenda Gillis.
3. “So hold on, just one more time.”
“Let me hear your thoughts.”
Susan A. Jackson, May I Go Now
4. “And since God sent you here to help others
In earthly joy and sorrow…”
Alice E. Chase, “Four Feet in Heaven”
5. “Friend, please do not mourn for me,”
… And within your heart I long to stay.”
– Chelsea Hanson, ‘I’m Still Here’.
6. “Now, I must go through some other round.
This I will never discover.”
Rudyard Kipling, “Four Feet”
7. “Don’t consider her gone –
Her journey is just beginning.
– Ellen Brenneman, ‘Her Journey’s Just Begun’.
8. “Something is missing from my home,”
It is something I feel all day.
– Susanne Taylor, ‘My Forever Pet’.
Pet Memorial Quotes
Pets are a vital part of families. Here are some quotes about pet loss that you can remember to inscribe on your pet’s urn or stone.
9. “How short a life our pets live, and how much they wait for us to get home every day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.”
10. “If there’s heaven, it’s certain that animals will be there. Their lives become so interwoven that an archangel would have to remove them.
11. “For animals, there is no Geneva Convention and no peace treaty — just our mercy.”
– Ingrid Newkirk.
12. “A pet is not truly forgotten until it’s no more remembered.”
– Lacie Petitto.
13. “Hear our prayer Lord for all animals. May their lives be full of joy, good nutrition, training, and happiness. Protect us, Lord.
14. “I consider this to be an excellent project, long overdue — so many animals served, suffered and died in the wars and this memorial will be a fitting tribute to them.”
– Major General, The Duke of Westminster
15. “I love dogs. My own dog died a little while ago and I take it very personally when things die—it’s a major offence.”
Dogs are often the most loved pet among animals. These are some quotes to honor your dog friend.
16. “Dogs can find the people they need and fill the void we don’t know we have.”
– Thom Jones.
17. “Dogs are amazing; they love unconditionally.”
– Gilda Radner.
18. “A book is man’s best friend outside of a dog.” It’s impossible to read inside a dog.
– Groucho, The Essential Groucho.
19. “A dog is your only friend that loves you as much as you love yourself.”
– Josh Billings.
20. “The greatest pleasure of a dog’s company is the possibility to make a fool out of yourself. He will not scold, but he will also make a fool out of you.”
21. “The dog is a gentleman. I want to go to his heaven, and not to man’s.”
22. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
– Charles de Gaulle.
– Dean Koontz, ‘False Memory’.
24. 24. A new dog does not replace an old dog. It simply expands your heart. Your heart will be bigger if you’ve loved many dogs.
– Erica Jong.
Cute Dog Quotes
You will find here quotes on cute dogs as well as on pet loss. Even though pet loss quotes can be hard to swallow, it serves as a gentle reminder of how our dogs in heaven are calm and happy.
25. “A good dog never dies… When the frost is in the fields and winter is drawing near, he walks beside you.
Mary Carolyn Davies
– Ben Hur Lampman.
28. “The bond between a dog and a person is as strong as any ties on this planet.”
– Konrad Lorenz.
30. Do you think dogs will be in heaven?” They will be there much sooner than any of us, I assure you.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson.
31. “Heaven does not depend on your good deeds.” If it was based on merit, you’d stay out and your pet would go in.”
32 “His ears were often what caught my tears the most.”
– Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
– Pierre Auguste Renoir.
– Roger Caras.
35 “It’s hard to believe that people don’t know that pets can be gifts to humanity.”
36 “Dogs have too short lives.” Their only fault is their own.
– Agnes Sligh Turnbull.
Pet Loss Quotes
These quotes on pet loss will certainly help ease your pain.
37. “It is terrible for an elderly woman to outlive their dogs.”
Useful for You: 18 Quotes On Karma, Revenge And Consequences
38. “Grief is so real and painfully real, no matter where it comes from. A friend of an animal can be as close to a human being as a relationship. The loss of an animal friend can also be devastating.
Rev. Joel L. Morgan.
39. “Having a dog is a way to make money, no matter how much or little you have.”
– Gene Hill.
– Amy Sedaris, ‘Times’.
43.YourYour pet will always be your companion, even after their physical death. They will continue to watch over you from the Other side.
– Karen A. Anderson.
44 “Surely, the dog is the only animal that truly shares our lives… It’s the only animal that can become so attached to us that it sometimes cannot live without its master.
QuotesAbout Dogs and Cats
This collection includes some quotes about beloved pets cats and dogs that will help you relive some fond memories. For the love of your beloved pet, you will find quotes for dog memorial tattoos.
As she travels abroad, keep her safe
Bring her back to us.
– Marjorie Garber.
– Willie Morris.
50 “It would be a horrible lie to call any place that bans dogs ‘Paradise,’ for those who love dogs. No loving God could separate canine companions forever.
– Stanley Coren.
“When husbands and lap-dogs go to their final rest.”
– Alexander Pope.
– James Thurber
53 “The pain of having a dog to live with is his death so soon. However, we can be certain that if he lives for fifty more years, then he dies, what will happen to me?
Sir Walter Scott.
54 “God transforms clouds inside out to make fluffy beds in the dog’s room DogThegoneapp.com monitors each of them. There are no bad dreams.
55 “I believe God will provide everything we need for our ultimate happiness. My dog will be in Heaven if it takes.
– Rev. Billy Graham.
56. “When an animal who was especially close to someone here dies, that pet goes on to Rainbow Bridge.”
Kidadl has created lots of family-friendly quotes to make everyone smile. You might also like these funny quotes about dogs and rescue dogs.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Email us to let us have your information at [email protected]