After losing a father, there is an indescribable amount grief. The loss of a father can be devastating. It means that you lose a father, a support person, a best friend and a guiding hand. andYou are a superhero. You are a superhero. But, you should be focusing on all the wonderful memories that you shared andThe light he brought to your darkest days can be a source of inspiration. The following messages, quotes and words of encouragement to dads are for you: andPoetry can be used to soothe your grief by bringing back happy memories from your time together. Whether you’re building a memorial shadow box, capturing fond memories in a tribute photo book, or you’re simply looking for comfort, find our list of miss you dad quotes below.
Read More: dad in heaven quotes
- Miss You DadQuotes
- You are missing DadQuotes for Daughter
- You are missing DadQuotes by Son
- DadHeaven Quotes
- Message to the deceased on their anniversary
- I MissMy DadPoems
Miss You DadQuotes
These miss you dad quotes are from men who have lost a father. andYou want to give comfort and support to others in need. From sympathy gifts to Father’s Day gifts, you can use these quotes andCaptions will allow you to personalize meaningful moments.
- “That man is a success – who has lived well, laughed often andLoved much and who has gained respect from intelligent men andThe love for children has been his niche andHe accomplished his mission. who leaves the world better than he found it, who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it, who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had.” – Unknown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give another person. He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “This is the price you pay for having a great father. YouGet the wonder, the joy and the tender moments. and you get the tears at the end, too.” – Harlan Coben
- “My appreciation for my father’s greatness cannot be measured.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart.” – Jennifer Williamson
You are missing DadQuotes for Daughter
Losing your father as a loving son is hard for a daughter. If it’s recently happened to you or a loved one, you may be looking for words of comfort. The following quotes may help you through your loss. and if you’re looking for additional messages, look to our list of dad andQuotes for daughters
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” – Unknown
- “DadIs and always will be my living, breathing superhero.” – Bindi Irwin
- “Everything I do in my life I do to make my mum and dad proud. I want to carry on in my dad’s footsteps and make sure that his legacy lives on forever.” – Bindi Irwin
- “The loss of my father will always sting. However, I am doing everything in his honor now. and celebrates his life.” – Adrienne C. Moore
- “There is no expiration date on the love between a father and his child.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “When I was a child, all problems had ended with a single word from my father. His smile was like sunshine and his scowl was thunder. He was smart. and generous, andHonorable without fail. He could exile an intruder, check my math homework. andBefore you go to dinner, fix the bathroom sink leakage. I thought he was immortal for a long time. Over all the small problems that plagued regular people. And now he was gone.” – Rachel Vincent
- “You have been there for me, no matter what bad choices I might have made… you lovingly repaired my broken spirit, helped me plot a new course, andLet me fly solo once more. This is the greatest love you can have. YouI will always be unique to you and no matter where life takes me, I’ll remember you with love.” – Marilyn K. Deacon
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
You are missing DadQuotes by Son
Useful for You: 20 Inspirational Quotes On Losing Yourself
It can feel overwhelming to lose a father figure, but you can survive by the strength that is passed from son to son. These quotes show that wisdom and knowledge can be passed on. andFor strength
- “My Father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.” – Conrad Hall
- “My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was a remarkable father, mentor, soldier, husband, coach, and mentor. and friend.” – Tiger Woods
- “I think about me andMy dad took me on a road trip from Phoenix, Tennessee to see my mom when I was 19. He’s no longer here with me, but I still drive that same 1994 Chevy truck. I never have bought a new car.” – Dierks Bentley
- “The loss of my father was the most traumatic event in my life – I can’t forget the pain.” – Frank Lowy
- “It is not flesh andBlood but not the heart that makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
These quotes illustrate the love between a father and his child. andA child that is still alive after the death of his parent. Below are some examples:
- “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
- “No matter where I am, your spirit will be beside me. For I know that no matter what, you will always be with me.” – Tram-Tiara T. Von Reichenbach
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “May each tear and each fond memory be a note of love rising to meet you.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father is still loved. and therefore he remains by my side.” – Jennifer Williamson
- “You will always be in my heart… because in there you’re still alive.” – Jamie Cirello
- “When I was little I bragged about my firefighting father: my father would go to heaven, because if he went to hell he would put out all the fires.” – Jodi Picoult
Message to the deceased on their anniversary
If you’re having trouble understanding, andThe following messages can be used to grieve the loss of a father:
- Keep thinking of you. DadIt hurts. I’d give anything to relive those memories again.
- Dad, I’m so thankful for all the memories we shared together. I only wish that you were there to make more.
- Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. I wish I had your wisdom to help me get through every day.
- Every day without you has been hard, but on this day especially I can’t help but think how much I wish you were here with me.
- YouThey were my guiding light throughout my life. and today especially I’m reminded how lucky I was to have you for as long as I did. You are my rock. andReverse
- How fortunate am I to have had such a special father? As much as I’m hate not having you around, I’m happy to know you’re at peace.
- YouMy love for you will never end, even though you might not be there anymore. I miss you, Dad.
I MissMy DadPoems
These poems can be used for any purpose, including a eulogy or a letter. Or, you can simply use them to comfort yourself.
“A Great Soul” by Maya Angelou “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us all together again and again.”
“There’s A Special Place In My Heart for Him” by Unknown “There’s a special kind of feeling When I think about you, Dad It’s a pleasure to remember All the happy times we’ve had There’s a special kind of caring That is meant for you alone There’s a place somewhere Within my heart That only you can own Missing you always, Happy Father’s Day.”
“My Father, My Father” by Dakota Ellerton “My father, my father, I love he, my father, my father, made me see, how beautiful this world really can be. My father, my father, said to me, my daughter my daughter, come see me, I won’t be around forever, andI have things that have to be. My father, my father, don’t die on me.”
“Away” by James Whitcomb Riley “I cannot say andI won’t tell him he’s dead. He is just away. With a happy smile andWith a wave of his hand, he has wandered into unknown territory; And we dream how fair Its needs must be since he remains there. You, oh you! Who is the wildest from the old-time step? and the glad return- Think of him faring on, as dear In the love of there, as the love of here Think of him still the same way, I say; He is not dead, he is just away.”
“Moments Before” by Kelly Horn “Moments before our walk that afternoon, I realized the path ended too soon. He was an amazing man, a loving man, and I only lasted a moment to hold his hand. It was not long enough to look into his eyes. andRemember his pride that was always there. It was not long enough to be there for him after every storm. It was not long enough to share a laugh with him after every bad joke and after every hill. This man has been a great mentor and a walking companion. As we walked alongside his wife, I had to stop and thank them for their wonderful lives. In all the walks I’ve taken in my life, first as a girl and now as a wife, I’ll remember that walk I took with my father and always wish it could have been longer.”
Additional Miss You DadResources
We hope this list of miss you father quotes has helped you, or someone you care about, find comfort during difficult times. If you are grieving the loss of a father figure, please share this list with them. and you’re looking for additional resources, please consider the following sympathy andCondolence guides
See also: 30 Inspiring Mom Quotes From Daughter
- What to Write on Sympathy Cards
- What to send when someone passes away
- Funeral thanks YouCard wording