These are the details 15Inspirational quotes from correction officers to motivate those who work hard to keep the lines of sight.
Sometimes it seems like correction officers get kind of forgotten in the whole talk of the thin blue line – but really, they’re an essential part of the whole system.
Read More: correctional officer quotes
Sure, their “line” is the thin gray line, but I still consider them part of the blue line. You don’t know what you are supposed to do without them.
I am especially appreciative of the job correction officers do because that’s where my husband started in law enforcement.
I remember at first thinking that he would be safer, but then I realized… he’s surrounded by people who have already broken the law, not just people who potentially could break the law.
Top Useful: Top 28 Black Quotes
The experience was much more frightening.
So as a former “gray line wife”, I wanted to add to my posts with quotes for those on the thin blue line with one specifically filled with inspiring correction officer quotes.
So whether you’re in search of a good quote to add to a card for your husband or use in fun police crafts for your correction officer, here are 15I hope these quotes will make you and your correction officer feel more appreciated.
15 Correction Officer Quotes For Those On The Thin Gray Line
- “Only those with the highest character and integrity should be entrusted as a correctional officer.”– Rollin C. Cook, Utah Department of Corrections
- “No job is more dangerous or more thankless than a correction officer.”-Unknown
- “I rise before the sun. I will go wherever few people will ever go, rain or shine, cold or hot. My day begins long before the sun rises. As I enter these gates of barbed wife, I then walk among the worst of the worst – the ones society says can’t live among them. TheOne of your children will scream in terror at. Between you and them, I’m that thin gray line. Between right or wrong. Do not be afraid – for my sisters, brothers, and myself, we will not fall, nor will they break. If I ever have to leave my life, I’ll hold my head high and run towards God. My time in hell is over. If you ask me who my name is, I will say that I am tired. I am unmentioned. I am not considered. I’m not always wanted. I am a correctional officer.” -Quinton Pittman
- “Every time you train, train with the motivation and purpose that you will be the hardest person someone ever tries to kill.” -Tim Kennedy
- “Every day, correction officers smile at the devil and walk into hell.”-Unknown
- “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.”-Theodore Roosevelt
- “In this family, no one fights alone.”-Unknown
- “Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.”-President Ronald Reagan
- “We are the officers that are rarely regarded as being part of law enforcement. We have to manage violent, mean-spirited criminals without weapons. In time, we too will be recognized for our necessary, if not glamorous, service.”-Unknown
- “And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.” -Michael Mark
- “Corrections: It’s the job of the police to remove a problem. It’s the job of the courts to solve the problem. It’s my job to keep it.”-Unknown
- “Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall be called the children of God.”-Matthew 5 :9
- “Growing up, I wanted to be a police man, a fire man, and a paramedic. It was so easy that I went for it. I became a correction officer.”-Unknown
- “Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” -George Orwell
- “We are correctional officers. We are correctional officers. The federal/state government has given us the authority to enforce the penal laws, rules and regulations in the prisons. We are basically police officers. We are surrounded by convicted felons, who break all laws, rules and regulations. At different times in our workdays, we are outnumbered by as high as 105:1. And, contrary to popular belief – we do not carry a sidearm. Our necks are at risk every minute of every working day. We are law enforcement professionals. We are the “forgotten cops.” Hidden from public view, doing a dangerous beat, hoping to someday receive the the respect and appreciation from the public whom we silently serve.”-Unknown (but not too great to ignore!)
Are you a gray-line wife looking for more resources?
First, I want to make sure you know you’re welcome here! Love and Blues was started with the goal of supporting all law enforcement wives and not just patrol officer spouses. We’re all in this together, and I think you’ll find a lot of good stuff here to help you.
You can get started by heading to my “about” page!
Reading: Fresh: The FTD Flower Blog
You are looking for specific corrections? I get it!
Here are some additional resources available on the Internet:
- Gray LineWives (great books for correction officer kids!)
- Facebook Group Correctional Wives
Are you aware of any great resources for correctional officer spouses? Let me know and I’ll add it to this page!
- 22 Inspirational Police QuotesTo Share with Your Officer
- 13 Inspirational Scriptures for Police Officers
- 8 Police Wife Quotes To Lift You Up When You’re Down
- Dating A Police Officer OfficerWhat are you waiting for? You Can Find It Here TheFive Things You Must Know