Car Insurance Quotes in Florida
Are you on the lookout for inexpensive automobile insurance coverage in Florida? Perhaps you have been a resident of the Sunshine State for some time and are merely on the lookout for a greater or extra inexpensive auto coverage. Each driver in Florida wants auto insurance coverage protection. See why hundreds of thousands of policyholders belief GEICO to supply distinctive automobile insurance coverage —from legal responsibility safety to complete protection.
Should you’re shopping for a brand new automobile, evaluating automobile insurance coverage quotes, or trying to change auto insurance coverage suppliers, GEICO has the data you could make an knowledgeable resolution. We make it simple so that you can get a free Florida automobile insurance coverage quote on-line.
Required Auto Insurance Protection in Florida
Drivers want to verify they’ve the auto insurance coverage coverages required by the state of Florida to legally function a motorized vehicle:
Protection Sort Florida Necessities Bodily Damage Protection $10,000 per individual and $20,000 per accident* Property Injury Protection $10,000 per accident Uninsured Motorist Protection $10,000 per individual and $20,000 per accident* Private Damage Safety $10,000
These are the minimal Florida automobile insurance coverage protection necessities, however it is best to select the protection you want. Should you need assistance figuring out how a lot protection you want you need to use our Protection Calculator.
Florida Car Insurance Reductions
Drivers within the Sunshine State are on the lookout for automobile insurance coverage that delivers distinctive service together with nice worth. GEICO has you coated with a wide range of Florida automobile insurance coverage reductions. Reductions on auto premiums accessible within the state of Florida embrace:
- New Car Low cost
- Defensive Driving Low cost
- Good Pupil Low cost
- Navy Low cost
- Multi-Coverage Low cost
Study extra about the entire automobile insurance coverage reductions which might be accessible to GEICO policyholders in Florida.
Florida Car Insurance Legal guidelines
In accordance with the Florida Division of Freeway Security and Motor Automobiles (DHSMV), all drivers within the state should have auto insurance coverage protection. If you’re pulled over, you could be fined for not having legitimate proof of Florida automobile insurance coverage. So remember to have your insurance coverage ID card once you drive.
Two vital Florida automobile insurance coverage legal guidelines to pay attention to are the Monetary Duty Legislation and the No-Fault Legislation:
- The Monetary Duty Legislation—requires sure drivers to hold full legal responsibility auto insurance coverage protection resulting from their driving historical past. These drivers embrace these at fault for previous accidents leading to harm to others, those that have acquired extreme factors towards their license, a DUI or a revocation resulting from severe and/or repeated offenses.
- The Florida No-Fault Legislation—requires all drivers to hold Private Damage Safety (PIP). This protection helps pay the insured’s medical payments within the occasion of an accident, no matter fault. Folks usually suppose drivers cannot be legally pursued for accidents they trigger in an accident as a result of Florida is a No-Fault state, however that is not proper. No-Fault simply signifies that drivers concerned in an accident depend on their very own automobile insurance coverage suppliers to pay for subsequent prices.
Florida Registration Info
Can I preserve my present coverage issued in my earlier state of residence?
- No. The minimal required insurance coverage should be issued by means of an insurance coverage firm licensed to promote in Florida.
What if I fail to maintain insurance coverage on my car that I’ve registered in Florida?
- The Division of Freeway Security and Motor Automobiles is permitted to droop your driving privilege, together with your car tag and registration, for as much as three years or till proof of Florida insurance coverage is supplied, whichever is first.
If my driving privilege is suspended as a result of I’m not correctly insured, is there a penalty to reinstate my license?
- Sure. A reinstatement price of $150 as much as $500, for subsequent violations, should be paid and you could present proof of present Florida insurance coverage.
Florida Teen Driving Legal guidelines
Florida makes use of a graduated licensing system. This method permits teen drivers to securely achieve driving expertise below diversified circumstances and circumstances earlier than acquiring full driving privileges. It is vital for teenagers and oldsters to grasp these legal guidelines:
- On the age of 15, a teen might apply for a learner’s license.
- For the primary 90 days with a learner’s license, a teen might solely drive throughout daylight. After 90 days, the learner’s license permits a teen to drive till 10:00 PM. A licensed driver over the age of 21 should all the time accompany the teenager driver.
- After a teen has held a learner’s license for at the very least one yr, and has at the very least 50 hours of licensed observe, 10 of which should be at night time, the teenager might apply for a driver’s license.
- At 16 years outdated, a teen with a driver’s license usually might solely drive between 6:00 AM – 11:00 PM.
- At 17 years outdated, a teen with a driver’s license usually might drive solely between 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM.
- Most license restrictions are lifted when a driver reaches 18 years of age.
Florida Driving Sources
- Florida Driver License
- Teen Drivers
- Senior Drivers
Florida Insurance Brokers
GEICO has skilled insurance coverage brokers in workplaces throughout Florida who’re prepared that can assist you. We are able to reply questions you’ve gotten about your automobile insurance coverage in Florida. Our mixture of 24/7 comfort together with devoted brokers you may converse with in individual or over the cellphone is another excuse Florida drivers change to GEICO for an auto insurance coverage coverage. Study extra about our Florida insurance coverage brokers.