Whether you’ve recently moved into a new home, you’re remodeling your current home, or you’re simply looking for a refreshed home decor design, aYour living space will be transformed by a custom gallery wall. Easy DIY: Use your favorite images or photos to create your own gallery wall. aGallery design that will perfectly fit your home. You don’t know where to begin? We’ll help you plan, create, and hang your canvas prints from start to finish. Jump to asection below to start designing aGallery wall with canvas prints
- Plan Your Event CanvasPrint Gallery Wall
- How to Make and Order Canvas Prints
- How to Hang Yours Gallery Wall
- Additional Tips and Ideas WallArt
Plan Your Event CanvasPrint Gallery Wall
Take into account photo spacing, wall background and canvas sizes as well as home decor style. What’s the theme? Do you prefer black-and-white designs or text-based images
From inspirational color palettes to Pinterest boards on wall decor, there’s plenty of ways to find new ideas when planning your canvas print gallery wall. It’s possible to make your own. aPreparing for the building of your gallery wall, create a mood board. Include all the colors already in your wall space, any wall display designs that you’ve found and loved, and anything else of visual interest. You can find more ideas here for home decor.
2. 2. Choose a Room
It is essential to plan the right space for your canvas prints. Be sure to choose the right room. aYou need to have enough space in your room that is consistent with the style of your gallery wall. You may find that you have too much space in small areas such as closets or bathrooms. Think about larger rooms like living and dining rooms, bedrooms, or open staircases.
3. Plan Out Your Photo Wall
To look your best, you need to plan carefully. We recommend using painter’s tape, aMeasurements by rulers or tapes aUse a leveling rod to determine exactly where your canvas wall should hang. By using the canvas measurements provided in your order, you’ll know exactly how large of aSpace is essential for each canvas print. Space between canvas prints should be at least 1 inch. You should also ensure uniform spacing throughout the entire gallery wall layout. Use the painter’s tape to mark the spaces, then step back to determine if you’re happy with your art gallery.
4. Allow Space for Picture Frames
Picture frames can bring your canvas prints to life. As long as you have a plan. The wall space can be enlarged by adding frames to add dimension to your photographs. You should plan ahead to allow for additional space so that your canvas layout doesn’t look cluttered.
Edit your photos before you start creating the art pieces that you will hang on your gallery walls. You need to get family portraits, photos of wildlife, wedding photos and landscape images together. aBefore you can order them, ensure that they meet a minimum quality standard a canvas print? Is it possible to print your photos at a high enough quality? Place them on the product to check. a warning symbol that will let you know if it’s too small or too low of a resolution.
How to Make and Order PrintsOn Canvas
Are you looking for the perfect gallery wall design? Do you know how much space is needed for the gallery walls? When you feel you’ve planned to the best of your ability and you’re ready to start creating your prints on canvas, you’ll want to follow the simple steps below.
1. Upload your Photos
The most important and fundamental step towards creating an organization is to create it. aTo create a canvas print, you must first upload your favorite photos. Upload your photos. You’ll also want to use this step to both ensure that the photos have been edited to your satisfaction using our photo editor, and that they’re high-quality and ready for printing.
2. 2. CanvasType and size
Once you have a sense of the photos you want to include on your photo wall, it’s time to pick the canvas prints that will help bring your vision to life. You can fit up to four photos depending on which style you choose. With the help of color, size and framing options, you can easily design the canvas layout or design of your choice. CanvasSizes include:
When creating your gallery wall ask questions such as what focal point you would like or how you would match your canvas. aWood frame. And don’t forget to include your own personal touch in whatever wall art you choose.
3. Modify Your Design
After choosing your selected canvas print and style, it’s time to start placing photos. When in the project simply click “get photos” to import the photos you want to feature. These photos can be dragged and dropped from the library at the bottom of the project. These photos may be edited with the photo editor.
Review your work CanvasPrint
You are happy with your finished canvas print, and are ready to order it? If you are happy with your canvas print and ready to order, take some time to go over the final product for any errors. It’s important to catch these mistakes before printing. You should look out for low-quality images or misspellings in text.
5. Get it Now
After reviewing your canvas print, add it to your shopping cart. Whether you’re ordering one canvas or aYou can check out the entire gallery wall with our simple check out process. And once you’ve ordered the prints, it’s time to start measuring out your intended wall for the perfect wall art placement.
How to Hang Yours Gallery Wall
Whether you’re hanging canvas prints or art prints, modern designs or your favorite photos, decorating your living room or dining room- we’ve got you covered. These are the steps to create the perfect gallery wall placement.
First things first, it’s time to find all the needed supplies. We recommend a leveling rod, painter’s tape, aMeasurements by rulers or tape aLeveling rod, wall protection pads aA hammer, a screwdriver and nails (or similar hanging materials). Alternatives to nails are J-hooks and adhesive strips, sawtooth brackets or eye hooks.
Note: If you’re ordering your canvas prints from Shutterfly, some of these supplies will come included. All orders include aPrint-to-scale hanging templates, a self-adhesive level.
2. 2. Create a Placement Plan
As discussed in the sections above, it’s important to create aYou should first place a template on your wall prior to hanging your art. Use the Shutterfly wall templates to create your art. You can also make your own wall templates. a planning grid with the tape measure and painter’s tape.
Additionally, don’t forget to measure out the distance between your intended gallery wall and other furniture. We recommend hanging canvas prints at their midpoint between 56-60 inches from the floor and eight to 10 inches higher. aFurniture piece
3. Hang On! Prints
Once you have everything planned and marked, it’s time to get to work. These are the steps to hang traditional canvas prints that you nail-hung.
- Step 1Find the mark you want on the wall. Find the markings for your nail or hanging position.
- Step 2 You can hammer the nail into the mark in a few quick strikes. Note: you don’t want to hammer the nail all the way in. Allow half an inch to 14 inch for clearance.
- Step 3 Hang the canvas directly on the nail, with wall pads attached to the back of the print to protect your wall’s paint. We have many other options for hanging canvas art, such as sawtooth brackets or J-hooks. Please visit our complete resource to learn how to hang it.
- Step 4 Continue this process for each art piece until you have a complete wall.
- Step 5When all canvases are hung, level them using the leveling rod. Then, using aUse a ruler or tape measure to ensure that your canvas prints are level.
- Additional help:Please visit our resource for how to make a video tutorial. aGallery wall
Congratulations on your completed canvas print gallery wall! As you enjoy your new home decor, try to preserve the color and quality of your canvas prints by limiting direct sunlight on your gallery wall and taking care to ensure they’re not in aYou can place them in an area that is easy to knock down.
Additional Tips and Ideas WallArt
Need some last-minute advice for creating your wall art gallery’s wall art? We’ve included aBelow are some useful tips to help you:
- Are you stuck in designing your gallery wall arrangement or template? If so, consider using our Design a Wallservice. This guide will take you through three simple steps to ensure your gallery wall is picture-perfect.
- Make sure you clean your wall before hanging your canvas prints aBefore hanging anything, wash it with a damp cloth. You’ll want to work off of a clean surface.
- Are you looking for unique designs to use on your canvas prints Visit our art gallery. From incredible photos, to quotes, to patterns, there’s something perfect for everyone. The art library can be accessed from your editing project.
- Take a look at any wall art that you might like to add to your gallery wall. Sometimes aMixing canvas prints with metal prints can give your gallery texture and visual intrigue.
- Be sure to get all of your furniture out the way before you hang your canvas prints. This will prevent you from having to reach for or over items. However, it’s also important to mark where the top of the furniture is that that you don’t hang your canvas prints too low.
- While creating your canvas print, don’t be afraid to take aTake a break, and you can come back to your project again later. Your canvas print will be saved under “My Project” within your Shutterfly account ready to be revisited whenever you’re ready. Additionally, you can also reorder or edit and then reorder the project later in the future by visiting “My Projects.”
Final Thoughts about Designing a Gallery Wall
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and that you’re confident as you begin designing your own home gallery wall. If you liked this resource and you’re looking for more inspiration, make sure to visit our other gallery wall ideas. Are you ready to create? You can customize your canvas prints.