Worldwide Bong Names
Whatever affectionate term you may have given your smoking apparatus, there are many unique, fun, and descriptive words used to say “bong”. This article will discuss a few terms people use to refer to their smoking devices. Take a look at these bong names from all over the globe and relax.
This guide has lots of useful information that will help you, whether you are planning to travel someday, new to smoking terms or simply want to learn more about bong names. We’ll even cover some quirky names of affection that some smokers have given to their very own personal devices.
One thing is certain: the cannabis and smoking community is fascinating. It is full of creative users. Taking a closer look at the history behind these names is a fun and interesting journey that we’re happy to take you on.
What terms are you familiar with for bongs and other e-cigarettes? No matter where you smoke or how you like to consume, read on to get the scoop on bong names from all over the globe…
Common Names and Regional Names for Bongs
Depending on where you live, or what type of bong you have, you may have heard some of these names when referring to certain types of bongs or devices, while others yet are less well-known and have an interesting history behind them.
As you read through these think about which is your favorite…
- Bubbler – This term is well-known to refer to small water pipes. These small pipes can be carried around easily and are great for traveling. The Bubbler is a term that refers to the sound of water bubbling when you inhale.
- Chillum is a term that refers in India to clay pipes. These pipes are popular among young professionals and adults who smoke marijuana. These pipes were once fashionable but they are now back in fashion.
- Chalice – This is the Jamaican term for a water pipe. This pipe is equipped with a water chamber and a draw tube for inhalation. This pipe sounds similar to a hooked but there are many differences. Rastafarian culture places religious importance on chalices.
- Bowl – A common term used by Around smokers to describe the bong’s area where they place their smoking materials. This term is used to refer to pipes of any shape or variety.
- Gator – This term originated in Australia. You can make your own bongs using Gatorade. This nickname was created. The nickname does not refer directly to the animal.
- Pipe, Hitter, and Bat – Hitters are two different types of pipes. The bats and hitters are shorter, straighter pieces. These can also be referred to as “one-hitters”, “obey bats”, and “pinch hitters”.
- Bhang – This is the Taiwanese term for bamboo bongs that were used in ancient Asia. This is believed to be where the word ‘bong’ comes from.
- Chipper – Chipper can be used to refer to pipes. “Feed the chipper” means pack the pipe.
These names are just a few of the many names that smokers come up with for their own devices. The Below is a selection of some fun names.
Pet Names for Bongs
The puns and jokes are strong in the stoner community. People love to name their pieces and have fun doing it.
Here are a few examples of creative bong naming:
- Bogey West
- Barack Obenga aka the Commander in Kiev
- Le Bong James
- Puff Daddy
- Bong Solo
- Bong Travolta
- Jay and Silent Bong
- Bong key Kong
- The Rolling Stoned
- Willy Bangka
- Jon Bong Jovi
- Long Bong Silver
- Wesley Pipes
- Tim Tebow
- George W. Kush
- Dank Sinatra
- Sylvester Stills toned
- Bong Burgundy
As you can see, the community is very creative! You can make your own list. Before you know it, you and your buddies may be rolling…on the floor, that is!
But not every name is funny. Name your bong Stanley or give it a meaningful name.
What’s in a Name?
The Names given to bongs from different countries reflect their history, traditions, and use. Names Names given to personal devices reflect taste, humor, and developing attachment. We are proud of our pieces, so what better way to bond than to share your favourite pieces?
Whether you are looking at Jamaica, India, or the good ol’ United States, there are many different ways to refer to bongs. Each name represents a different aspect of the smoking culture.
Bong Names are as Unique as the Community
Whether a regional term, a name from a tradition, or a personal term for your favorite device, bong names are a reflection of those who name them and use them. It’s easy to see the humor and calmness of those who smoke from bongs.
Understanding the history of bongs will help you to enjoy them even more. Each name stems from the evolution of smoking culture and apparatuses in different geographies and cultures. How many unique names can you find?