If you’re a fan of streaming movies, TV shows, sports, news, or any other form of online entertainment, using a VPN for streaming in 2023 is a must. VPNs not only help you access geo-restricted content in different regions of the world, but they also add an extra layer of security and privacy to your online activity. In this article, we’ll provide a brief overview of the top VPNs for streaming that you can use in 2023 to watch your favorite content safely and conveniently.
Features to look for in a VPN for streaming
- Fast speeds – You’ll want a VPN that doesn’t slow down your connection speeds, so look for one that emphasizes speed.
- Large server network – The more server locations a VPN has, the more likely you’ll be to find a server close to your physical location, leading to faster speeds.
- Access to streaming platforms – Make sure the VPN you choose can successfully unblock the streaming services you want to use.
- Security features – Look for a VPN with strong encryption and additional features like a kill switch to ensure your online activity is safe and secure.
- Compatibility – Make sure the VPN is supported on the devices and operating systems you use.
What are the Top VPNs for streaming in 2023?
1. iTop VPN
If you’re looking for a VPN that can unblock a few streaming platforms, iTop VPN may be worth looking into. It has successfully unblocked BBC iPlayer, Netflix Korea, and Amazon Prime Video, among others. However, it did have some issues accessing some very popular streaming services.
iTop VPN has a decently big server network. The VPN has 1,800 servers in 100 countries, which is enough to access multiple streaming services, gaming, and other online activities.
For security, iTop VPN has military-grade protection and additional features like a kill switch and adblocker to help protect against internet threats.
ExpressVPN is a popular and reliable VPN for streaming. It unblocks the most popular streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and Hulu.
One of the strengths of ExpressVPN is its speed. It’s one of the fastest VPNs in the market, so you won’t experience buffering or lagging.
With over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, you’ll have access to a vast network of servers that cover most regions and countries worldwide.
For security, ExpressVPN uses AES-256 encryption and has features like a kill switch and split tunneling. It also passed an independent security audit, so you know it’s trustworthy.
While ExpressVPN is a bit pricey, it does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s available on all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
NordVPN is another VPN that is great for streaming. It unblocks the most popular streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
One of its strengths is its server network. NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in 59 countries, making it one of the largest VPN networks in the market.
In terms of security, NordVPN uses AES-256 encryption, has a kill switch, and has a strict no-logging policy. It’s also passed independent security audits, so you can trust the VPN to protect you.
One of the weaknesses of NordVPN is its speed. While the VPN is still decently fast, it’s not the fastest in the market.
Surfshark is a newer VPN in the market, but it’s quickly gaining traction for its streaming abilities. It unblocks the most popular streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
One of the strengths of Surfshark is its unlimited simultaneous connections. You can connect as many devices as you want with one account, making it a great option for families.
Surfshark has a smaller server network compared to other VPNs, with around 3,200 servers in over 65 countries.
What are the benefits of using iTop VPN for streaming?
Using a VPN for streaming can vastly improve your online experience in several ways. After you download VPN for PC, you will have the following benefits.
- Bypass geo-restrictions – One of the main benefits of using a VPN for streaming is being able to access content that is geographically restricted in your area. By connecting to a server in another country, you can bypass these restrictions and access content that would otherwise be unavailable to you.
- Protect your privacy – VPNs encrypt your internet traffic, making it much more difficult for hackers or other third parties to intercept your data. Your internet service provider (ISP) will also be unable to see what you’re doing online, which enhances your privacy and protects your identity.
- Improve streaming performance – Connecting to a nearby server can help improve streaming performance by reducing buffering and lagging issues. A good VPN for streaming will offer fast speeds to provide the best possible streaming experience.
Other tips for using a VPN for streaming
When using a VPN for streaming, consider the following:
- Slower speeds: A VPN can sometimes lead to slower streaming speeds, resulting in buffering and lagging issues.
- Server location: Select a server that is as close to your physical location as possible to improve streaming performance.
- Split-tunneling: Enable this feature if your VPN supports it to allow some traffic to bypass the VPN and go directly to the internet.
If you’re looking for a VPN for streaming, there are a variety of options available. ExpressVPN and NordVPN are popular choices due to their fast speeds, large server networks, and ability to unblock popular streaming services. Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections and is a more affordable option.
However, for those who prioritize unblocking a few streaming platforms at an affordable price, we recommend iTop VPN. It’s decently fast and has a good security setup, including military-grade encryption and additional features like a kill switch and adblocker.