Turkey is a country rich in history and culture; inhabited and controlled by the Anatolians, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, and influenced by the Romans, Greeks and Persians. We get it, this isn’t a history lesson, but Turkish culture is packed with potential when it comes to Turkish baby names for your little peanut.
Read More: baby turkey names
Keep reading for the ultimate list of Turkish names:
In this article: 📝
What are common Turkish baby names?
Popular and timeless, these names are long-time traditional Turkish favorites.
Popular Turkish Baby Boy Names:
- Adem: “Of the Earth.” Turkish form of the name Adam.
- Ahmet: Greatly praised.
- Ayaz: Cool breeze.
- Berat: The night of forgiveness.
- Emir: King or commander.
- Emre: “Friend” in Turkish.
- Eymen: Blessed and good fortune.
- Hamza: Lion, steadfast, strong and brave.
- Haşim: Turkish form of Hashem.
- Kaan: King of Kings.
- Mehmet: One who praises.
- Miraç: Muhammad’s ascent to heaven.
- Mustafa: Chosen, selected, appointed.
- Ömar: Populous and flourishing.
- Yusuf: “God increases”
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Turkish baby boy names
Popular Turkish Baby Girl Names:
- Aylin: Woman with moon halo.
- Azra: Pure.
- Defne: Derived from the Greek Daphne, which means a laurel or bay tree.
- Dilara: She who delights the heart.
- Ecrin: Gift of God.
- Elif: Honest and slender like “Alif,” the first letter of the Arabic and Hebrew alphabets.
- Eylül: September.
- Hiranur: Light of the diamond.
- Isra: Freedom.
- Miray: Glowing like the moon.
- Narin: Delicate.
- Nehir: River.
- Yara: Water lady or small butterfly.
- Zehra: Blossoms, beauty.
- Zeynep: Precious gem.
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Turkish baby girl names
What are unique and rare Turkish baby names?
You are looking for a unique name that will make a statement and makes a good impression? These names are beautiful and have meanings.
Rare Turkish names for boys
- Alp: Heroic.
- Aslan: Lion.
- Aydin: Educated.
- Cem: The one who rules.
- Deniz: Sea.
- Emin: Self-assured.
- Eren: Holy.
- Hakan: One who rules.
- Ihsan: Kind man.
- Kadir: Powerful.
- Mazhar: Esteemed.
- Ruslan: Lion – a perfect name for your strong little man.
- Taner: Born with sunrise.
- Timur: Iron man.
- Zeki: Man of intelligence.
- Zoltan: King or ruler.
Rare Turkish names for girls
- Aysun: As beautiful as the moon.
- Beste: Melodic.
- Burcu: Of sweet scent.
- Ceren: Baby gazelle.
- Damla: Drop of water.
- Ebrar: Virtuous.
- Ece: The Queen
- Ekin: Crop.
- Emel: Passion.
- Fatma: Daughter of Prophet Muhammed.
- Feray: Moon shine
- Naz: Timid
- Yaz: Summer.
- Yildiz: Like a star.
👶Are you looking for other baby names? Check these out: The Top 357 Indian Baby Names And Their Meanings 150 of the Most Cool and Rare Baby Names 250 One Syllable Girl Names 200+ Spanish Baby Names for Your Bebé to Be 60 Magnifique French Baby Names 70 Chinese Baby Names 71 American Baby Names 82 Hebrew Baby Names 49 Bellissimi Italian Baby Names The Best 239 Arabic Baby Names for Little Boys & Girls The Best 153 Egyptian Baby Names & Their Meanings 165 Norse Baby Names for Boys and Girls 143 Victorian Baby Names with Meanings 111 Nigerian Baby Names 88 Dutch Baby Names 98 Lithuanian Baby Names
Useful for You: 75 Forest Baby Names