Do you have a father figure? These step father quotes will help you to appreciate your blended family more.
It is not easy to raise children. To love and raise a child not of your own blood is a difficult task. To step in as a step father, you need to have compassion, dedication, and patience.
Read More: appreciation step dad quotes from wife
What makes a blended family unique?
There are many challenges that come with being part of a blended family. It can be difficult for everyone, especially if someone in the blended family has suffered from grief after a divorce or death. It is important that everyone involved understands that the stepdad’s role is not to replace dad but is a new and equally important part of the family dynamic.
Below are some of our favorite inspirational, wise and special step-dad sayings and quotes, compiled from various sources over time.
Important Step dad quotes
1. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” — Wade Boggs
2. “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” — Tom Wolfe
3. “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” — Justin Ricklefs
4. “Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.” — Azriel Johnson
5. “Lookin’ back all I can say about all the things he did for me is I hope I’m at least half the dad that he didn’t have to be.” — Brad Paisley
6. “FamilyIs not an important thing. It’s everything.” — Michael J. Fox
7. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew L. Jacobson
8. “A stepparent is so much more than just a parent; they made the choice to love when they didn’t have to.” — Unknown
9. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” — Antoine-Francois PrevostIf you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Father’s Day quotes, celebrating dads all around the world.
10. “StepStepparenting presents many exciting opportunities. When families break up and re-form, there may be less order, less certainty, and a bit more trauma involved, but kids can end up having half-a-dozen parent figures.” — Morris Gleitzman
11. “My father left when I was three, and I have no memory of him. The most significant male figures in my life were my grandfather, in whose house I lived during the first 10 years of my childhood, and later, my stepfather.” — Isabel Allende
12. “What do you see when you look at him?” “My guardian. My friend. I know he can’t be replaced, but I believe he’ll do everything to light my world after father’s demise.” Said the girl looking at her stepfather.” — Abhijit Mandal
13. “Any man can be a Father it takes someone special to be a Dad.” — UnknownIf you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
QuotesHow to be a step dad
14. “When my dad passed away, I felt depressed and miserable. I was blessed with another angel in my life. He gave me all of his love, care, affection. He didn’t ask me to forget about my dad but he helped me get through his memories. No, he’s not my boyfriend. He’s my stepdad.” — RuhforsoulIf you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
15. “It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.” — Ray Johnson
Top Useful: 25 Inspiring Quotes for Creative People
16. “My Stepdad may not have given me life, but he sure has made my life better.” — Gerardo Campbell
17. “A Step Father means so many things… an understanding heart, a source of strength and of support, right from the very start.” — Unknown
18. “Stepfathers are no less than those of blood: The spirit is more comely than the flesh. Fathers are defined by how they love and not by how they multiply or breed.” — Unknown
19. “Stepparents can be awesome. Because their love is their choice.” — Unknown
20. “For better or worse, step-parenting is self-conscious parenting. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” — Unknown
21. “I got my love of jazz from my stepfather, who was a jazz musician.” — Flea
22. “Step-parenting is like working at a late-night convenience store…all of the responsibility and none of the authority.” — Valerie J. Lewis Coleman
23. “A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” — Unknown
24. “A DadYou are the one who is always there, can always count on, and is always encouraging. Dad.” — C. Lynch
25. “Becoming a father is a challenge to any man’s psyche and there is a fundamental reorganization that you cannot avoid when you begin this journey.” — Bruce Linton
26. “Who cares if another woman or man loves your child, plays with your child, or builds a healthy relationship with your child — either way your child is benefiting.” — Jessica James
27. “A child cannot have too many people who love them and want to help them succeed.” — Unknown
28. “A good stepparent can literally turn the life of a child around.” — Unknown
You can also read these blended family quotes that you can share with your loved one.
Step dad quotes about commitment
29. “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” — Dave Willis
30. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” — Barack Obama
31. “My mom is my heart. But my stepdad was my role model, the hardest working man I ever knew.” — Brian Urlacher
32. “If you are a stepparent, rush right out and get yourself a dog. Because it’s very nice to have someone in the house that loves you.” — Delia Ephron
33. “A stepparent doesn’t just marry a spouse: they marry their spouse’s entire situation. They have to find a balance between supporting and defending without overstepping visible and invisible boundaries.” — Unknown
34. “Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child.” — Tony Gaskins
Top Useful: 50 Inspiring High Heels Quotes & Sayings
35 “Intimacy between stepchildren and stepparents is indeed proverbially difficult.” — Marasaki Shikubu
36 “Fatherhood requires love, not DNA.” — Unknown
37. “Finally, he gave her his name. DadShe called. Stepfather society said.” — Ramya Kumar
38. “He never treated me like I was a package deal. I wasn’t a burden in his eyes, I was a bonus.” — Ashley Stock
StepFather quotes about being a father
39. “I grew up a poor kid in Florida, and I was always in Florida living with my stepfather and my mother, and we used to, every year, sit down and watch ‘The Wizard of Oz.’ And I think to this day that’s probably the foundation for everything I’ve done.” — Kenny Leon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Wizard of Oz quotes from the iconic movie.
40 “The only thing better than having you for a husband, is our children having you for a dad.” — Unknown
41 “When it feels as if you can’t do right by the other parent, do right by your stepchild instead. You’ll never fail with best interest at heart.” — Jessica James
42. “The only steps in this house are the stair steps and the only half in this house is the half & half creamer.” — Al Hodson
43 “My father taught me to love.” — Sayema Syed
44 “It’s not flesh and blood but the heart that makes us father and son.” — Johann SchillerIf you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
45 “Family isn’t something that’s supposed to be static or set. It’s always evolving, turning into something else.” — Sarah Dessen
46 “We aren’t ‘step,’ we aren’t ‘half,’ we’re just family.” — Unknown
47. “Family not by birth but by good fortune, I’m so lucky to have you in my life.” — Unknown
48. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara BushIf you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Barbara Bush quotes that will help you understand the complexities of life.
49. “Being a step parent is a rough job. But going to bed every night knowing that you are loved by kids who aren’t biologically yours is a great feeling.” — Unknown
50 “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew L. Jacobson
Did these stepdad quotes touch your heart?
Whether you created your children, or if you joined up with them later in life, it’s hard to be a parent. It can be quite amazing.
Whenever you’re having a tough day or if you think you may not have it in you to be a good parent, return to these step dad quotes and remember how important being a stepdad is. These quotes will remind you that no one is perfect, and that you are trying your best. YourChildren will be grateful for your efforts and will look up to you as an amazing dad.
These stepdad quotes and sayings are well-received. Do you have any stories about your blended family? Please leave a comment in the section below.
Reading: 37 Super Sweet Little Boy Quotes